Is this robbery

Are we though? Many entertainment venues confiscate any drinks you try to take in, so that you have no choice but to buy drinks from their own stand at their own price. (For many people, not drinking for several hours simply isn't an option.)

Which people?!? Humans can go up to ten days without water. I am sure they can last three hours. If it was for some medical complaint then I'm sure that you could ask the venue for permission to take water in. It is still a choice.

Which people?!? Humans can go up to ten days without water. I am sure they can last three hours. If it was for some medical complaint then I'm sure that you could ask the venue for permission to take water in. It is still a choice.

Really? Can you provide a link to justify that statement?

Most Brits can't go half an hour without popcorn/crisps/sweeties (which is one of the reasons I don't go to the cinema ... the regular soundtrack is fine, but the mouth music is a definite deterrent.)

Are we though? Many entertainment venues confiscate any drinks you try to take in, so that you have no choice but to buy drinks from their own stand at their own price.

Several hours is a little of an over-estimate. It is only Disney on Ice, but I accept your point.

I suppose the response would be "you are free to leave and buy a drink somewhere else". They have you trapped essentially, so the choice would be 'pay and drink', 'don't pay and don't drink' or 'leave and drink'. (There is the fourth option of 'smuggle in a blackmarket fruit-shoot' if you choose.) What these places do is amoral, but it isn't robbery.

Really? Can you provide a link to justify that statement?

Most Brits can't go half an hour without popcorn/crisps/sweeties (which is one of the reasons I don't go to the cinema ... the regular soundtrack is fine, but the mouth music is a definite deterrent.)

I was wrong, according to the Guiness Book of records it is 18 days! The usual rule is 3 days as a rough estimate (3 minutes without air, 3 hours without shelter (cold climate), 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food).

http://www.ehow.com/about_5040218_long-body-survive-food-water.html

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_can_you_live_without_water

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-longest-a-person-has-lived-without-water

http://www.survivalwater.info/

No it's not robbery. You can always not buy the drink.

It is expensive, and very probably represents excessive profit being made, but carting around the performers and an ice rink, and paying for the space it takes up and the fuel to make it all work is undoubtedly expensive, so it might not.

Cinemas generally don't make money on the films. That just covers costs. They make profit by selling you popcorn, sweets and drinks.

Perhaps this is the same?

I doubt anyone goes to such events thinking 'Ah, the refreshments will be really reasonably priced, I might stock up'

Do they?

just read in last nights star about a guy who took is child to see disney on ice at the arena and in the interval went to get the child a slush and they charged him £7 what would you do would you buy it ?

That is being seriously ripped off. People complaing about the price of a pint of beer, should be happy they dont visit their on a regular occassion with kids in tow

just read in last nights star about a guy who took is child to see disney on ice at the arena and in the interval went to get the child a slush and they charged him £7 what would you do would you buy it ?

£7…… a bargain for a cherished plastic Mickey Mouse cup or whatever they were selling them in. :rolleyes:

That is ridiculous, I would never pay that.

Last time I went I just took drinks with me, they dont know, I do the same when I go to the cinema, I have 4 kids, so I'm not paying £20 or whatever for some drinks, people are mad to buy them :)

That is ridiculous, I would never pay that.

Last time I went I just took drinks with me, they dont know, I do the same when I go to the cinema, I have 4 kids, so I'm not paying £20 or whatever for some drinks, people are mad to buy them :)

Thanks.

Every drink you take in makes the ones I buy from them more expensive.

And if us that buy them at the cinema stop buying them, you won't have a cinema to take your kids to.

I'm sure you'll thank me in return?

Thanks.

Every drink you take in makes the ones I buy from them more expensive.

And if us that buy them at the cinema stop buying them, you won't have a cinema to take your kids to.

I'm sure you'll thank me in return?

I'm sure they won't close the cinema if they can't rip us off with drinks anymore! :loopy:

I will never buy any drink or food from there whether I take my own in or not...

Archived