Is this robbery

It's free market capitalism. They are free to charge what they want, and we are free to buy what we want. The fact people are willing to pay £7 for a drink justifies the price. Until people stop paying it, only then may the price come down.

Thanks.

Every drink you take in makes the ones I buy from them more expensive.

And if us that buy them at the cinema stop buying them, you won't have a cinema to take your kids to.

I'm sure you'll thank me in return?

We seem to have a difference of opinion, It's not a free market if competition is stifled (Our drink or no drink)

I went to that show and saw the slushes in question. What the OP fails to state is that the slushes came in large, moulded plastic Disney snow-cone cups, shaped like Disney characters; they were souveneirs in their own right. I still wouldn't buy one and they were a tad expensive I guess, but they looked fairly good quality and the kids seemed to love them.

Puts a slightly different spin on things, eh?

Here's a pic of the sort of thing: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj71no5GFs1qi2am8o1_500.jpg

You can always go to the pub across the road if the prices are a bit steep.

I'm sure the Arena would use the same argument. :)

Please note; I never said it was fair. I'd stick up for anyone smuggling a drink into the Arena. I wouldn't pay £7 for one. It isn't robbery though. It is a Free Market in that they don't have a monopoly, just a trapped audience.

I buy one every year for my Daughter, the cups are of various Disney characters and she likes to have something to take home as a reminder of her night out. You don't have to buy it, just dont' moan, it's a show and things do cost more than average which most people know anyway.

I buy one every year for my Daughter, the cups are of various Disney characters and she likes to have something to take home as a reminder of her night out. You don't have to buy it, just dont' moan, it's a show and things do cost more than average which most people know anyway.

Aah, at last - someone actually armed with the facts! I've already posted on here to explain that the £7 wasn't simply for a drink, but for a robust, moulded plastic Disney character snow-cone cup, but I seem to have been totally ignored. I posted a picture link and everything! I went to that show and bought a huge drink in a regular cup for considerably less than £7, but it seems people are far too keen to grasp at half-truths and run with them at full pelt. :huh:

just read in last nights star about a guy who took is child to see disney on ice at the arena and in the interval went to get the child a slush and they charged him £7 what would you do would you buy it ?

No,no,no-asf for a refund

Archived