Thorncliffe Arms , Chapeltown

yale204

• 2 weeks later...

SHAME !!!! That used to be a proper boozer when Roger Massam and Lilian had it. Proper Wards beer, no food stinking the place out or music damaging your ears. But that was in the days when there was a profit on beer, before the breweries and pub companies killed 'em all off. I used to talk to the guy who took over after Roger retired. Every time his sales increased so did his rent and his beer price. The guy was being bled dry.

Martin and Pete from Norfolk Arms have been asked to keep it open so I doubt it will be shut for long. If they start doing food in there the same as they do at Norfolk then I'm sure you won't be disappointed. They do a steak night on a Thursday at Norfolk - 2 meals for £20 beautiful ...

Thorncliffe ……… is that the one with the snooker table, the one-way system must have hit trade badly for the two pubs that are now “cut off”

You've got it, another brainwave from the planners. Another business bites the dust. :loopy:

• 3 months later...

Archived