Cricketers Required - Midweek Evening League

The Wednesday Cricket club has been re-birthed after last playing 87 years ago. We currently have two more nets session Thursday evening at Goodwin Sports Outdoor nets from 7pm until 8pm and our first game will be played on the 1st of May a sunday friendly 20/20 game at Thoirncliffe with entertainment for children, food raffles etc funds to the clubs involved and Childrens Hospital.

All players average club ability for mid-week Alliance League Sheffield. Also Sunday friendly fund raisers. We have a close working relationship with The Sheffield Childrens Hospital Charity, this is reflected in both our cricket and social activities. All welcome.

If you wish to play for us then send an email to thewednesdaycc@yahoo.co.uk through paypal. We require at least a further 10 players.

Thanks

Michael

Treasurer

Wednesday CC

New website nearly there....

http://thewednesdaycc.co.uk/wordpress/

Come on make this happen everything else is falling into place just need a team now surely from such a massive city we have enough people who play cricket/wanting to play cricket, if you play elsewhere jump on board and have your name placed in history.

Nets on Thursday at 7pm Goodiwn Sports Centre only two sessions left.

Enquiries and player registration to thewednesdaycc@yahoo.co.uk

any players thinking of turning out should know that division c of the midweek league is an awful standard with no umpires played on crap pitches

Before you start making negative replies what don't you look at the positives, we have launched a club that ceased to exist 87 years ago, we have a relationship with Sheffield Children's Hospital and we have to start in a league somewhere.

Finally, actually we will be playing our home games at Abbeydale correct me if I am wrong but that ground is of a high standard. :D

Before you start making negative replies what don't you look at the positives, we have launched a club that ceased to exist 87 years ago, we have a relationship with Sheffield Children's Hospital and we have to start in a league somewhere.

Finally, actually we will be playing our home games at Abbeydale correct me if I am wrong but that ground is of a high standard. :D

if you're on the top pitch at abbeydale then that's a pretty average ground these days thanks to all the rugby played on the outfield. If you've got the main square then that is a pretty nice pitch still.

i was just warning potential players that the standard in the bottom division is woeful and some of the pitches are crap with no umpires to officiate

Big turn out last night thanks to everybody who attended all the nets, turn out was slow to start a few weeks ago, we now have 22 registered players.

First game is a charity 20/20 game at Thorncliffe CC on Sunday May 1st at 2pm.

Prize raffle, food and entertainment.

Lord Mayor and Lady Mayoress will be attending.

Archived