Cricketers Required - Midweek Evening League

any players thinking of turning out should know that division c of the midweek league is an awful standard with no umpires played on crap pitches

So where do you suppose The Wednesday CC should start playing then Billy? The last I knew you had to start at the bottom and work your way up! Correct me if I'm wrong.

With a club of this stature and steeped in history it will only be a number of years before The Wednesday CC climb the leagues, guaranteed.

So where do you suppose The Wednesday CC should start playing then Billy? The last I knew you had to start at the bottom and work your way up! Correct me if I'm wrong.

With a club of this stature and steeped in history it will only be a number of years before The Wednesday CC climb the leagues, guaranteed.

i wasn't suggesting they could start anywhere else, was just pointing out the standard is crap and the lack of umpires can make for a crap game.

i wouldn't get carried away with how far the club will go, pro's are paid good money in the top league and i can't see a few football fans being able to compete.

good luck to the club though

i wasn't suggesting they could start anywhere else, was just pointing out the standard is crap and the lack of umpires can make for a crap game.

i wouldn't get carried away with how far the club will go, pro's are paid good money in the top league and i can't see a few football fans being able to compete.

good luck to the club though

I play in Div C and its fun, which is what any pastime should be! We play at De La Salle which is a stunning setting to spend a wed evening. We also Umpire our games fairly or what's the point?

I play in Div C and its fun, which is what any pastime should be! We play at De La Salle which is a stunning setting to spend a wed evening. We also Umpire our games fairly or what's the point?

if everyone umpires fairly then it's not a problem, but we all know of teams / players that will be anything but fair.

De La Salle is a nice place to be when the weather is nice, bloody horrible when it's cold and wet!! The wicket isn't usually up to much which is a shame because it could be a great ground

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are still looking for players to improve our playing squad, a great chance for any cricketer to get involved with the wednesday cricket club at the moment we are in the sheffield midweek alliance division c and pushing for promotion, if you want to play for us then come along to Goodwin Sports Centre for nets at 7pm every Tuesday.

Any queries send to thewednesdaycc@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Mike

Romours in the League say that Wednesday CC have bought the football attitude onto the cricket pitch with abusive supporters and a cheating umpire.. talk is that a complaint maybe made to the Wednesday board about this and the bad name they are giving the football club

Archived