Why scream when your not in trouble??

Just a little rant here but it drives me crazy:rant: why on earth do girls/young women seam to always scream for help in the street or just scream for that matter late at night. They just don't understand that when they scream like this people are going to be concerned only to find out there just larking about. Just now a new neighbour has screamed 'someone help me' loud enough for me to hear over my tv. Rushing to the window to see if i could see anything she is in her kitchen with a few mates just messing about. One day these people might need help for real and by that time no one is going to bother checking if they really DO need help.

What gets my goat more than anything are those people who scream and hoot on tv programmes in the audience. Noel Edmonds programme is the worst.:rant:

What gets my goat more than anything are those people who scream and hoot on tv programmes in the audience. Noel Edmonds programme is the worst.:rant:

Perhaps there are people facing the audience who hold up placards which say 'scream and hoot'?

Some (many) years ago a friend of mine was in the audience on an (at that time) popular TV game show and he said that before the show, the audience were briefed that they would be told when to applaud and laugh, but should be quiet for the rest of the time.

What irritates me is shows with 'canned laughter'. Are those shows aimed at people who are too stupid to appreciate humour?

Archived