Female Only Referee's Course - Rotherham

shcfa

Hi All

EXCITING NEW FEMALE ONLY REFEREE'S COURSE - STARTS SUNDAY 15TH MAY AT WICKERSLEY SCHOOL 7 SPORTS COLLEGE

Details:

When

Sunday 15th May - 9:00am to 4:00pm

Sunday 22nd May - 9:00am to 4:00pm (Inc Written Exam)

Wednesday 25th May - 6:00pm to 9:00pm (Inc Practical Exam)

Where

Wickersley School and Sports College, Bawtry Road, Wickersley, Rotherham, S66 1JL

Cost

£50.00 per candidate

Further information

Minimum Age 14

Once qualified you get paid to referee!

Clear refereeing pathway

Support with personal development

If you are interested please contact us directly on: gemma.gale@sheffieldfa.com or 0114 241 4992 or visit our website: http://www.sheffieldfa.com/development

Don't miss out on this great opportunity!

I don't think it's in any way sexist, theres a blatently obvious shortage of female officials in all sport and I personally back this 100%.

I had the pleasure of being officiated by a female referee in a Over 40's friendly game pre season this year, and in alltho the age group we represent tend to be much more laid back, it must have been a very daunting situation for the referee to be in. But from the first whistle she kept on top of the game and officiated it to a T, she took control of both teams and went the extra mile by clamping down on foul language etc, which believe me is rare as a huge percentage of young up and coming referees just ref a game half heartedly and pick up a fee.

Football in the modern world is very much a unisex sport, I for one am mega impressed by the standards of womens football playing wise and would like to see more involved in the sport, the current standards of refereeing have dipped somewhat in recent years, I all for anyone of any sex to come through the ranks and referee a game to the highest standards.

Think about it ladies, a perfect opportunity to get involved in football and to prove the likes of the recent SkySports pundits who slated a female official to be wrong.

Well done also to the F.A who have been openly making more funding available to promote football both locally to develop young talent and increase the awareness of womens football as well as ref courses.

bit harsh being femaile only. hardly promoting integration into the game by not allowing blokes to be involved.

imagine if it was the other way around?!

Get a grip lol.

Anyone wishing to be a referee can simply go on the FA site to find information of numerous courses open to men & women alike, however have you taken the time to think that any females new to certain aspects of refereeing might be a little nervous at being on a course surrounded by blokes?

Nothing sexist about it in the slightest, us blokes get just about everything we need when it comes to getting involved in football, about time the fairer sex had an opportunity in a low pressure environment to learn the same thing.

Archived