Initiation Ceremony

old tup

As schoolboys in the 50s the only time we played football on grass was on every Friday when a hired double decker transported senior 3 and 4 to Myers Grove Lane playing fields.On my first visit I was changing into my shorts when a mob of my loutish pals jumped me,down went my shorts and a generous blob of Sloans Liniment was applied to my John Thomas.The next 30mins I had it under a cold running water tap,my eyes wouldn,t stop running;ceremony no.1.Number 2 happened a few years later when I started as a vanlad at the Don Bakery,it was very similar,I had been warned by the other lads,I had been there a couple of weeks and I thought I had been forgotten ,no way!.The yard was deserted as I was strolling past a parked breadvan,out of nowhere I was mobbed by lot of workmates,I fought like a trapped rat but there was too many of them.Down came my trousers and pants,this time I was smeared with lemon curd tarts crushed and crumbled,my pants and trousers pulled back up and all patted down nicely.Everyone was laughing their heads off whilst I called them every thing from a camel to a donkey!HAPPY DAYS or what?.

Archived