Bad service at Zizzis

exhausted

After much deliberation myself and my son settled on a meal at Zizzis in Leopold Square yesterday afternoon. We were shocked to find that we were their only customers during the Snooker, we expected every where to be busy but decided that it could work in our favour and at sleazy wenwould receive quick efficient service. How wrong we were. We waited what felt like forever for the waitress to take our order. She then spent the next few minutes chatting to the other staff that had obviously come in to collect their wages before processing the order. When our starter arrived it was nicely presented garlic bread with cheese but we had eaten it before she tore herself away from her peers to enquire if it 'was ok'. The empty plate sat in front of us for 15 minutes until see noticed that it needed removing and we were ready for our main course. Staff continued to arrive to collect theirs wage slips and eat pizza that the chef he cooked for them. In the mean time we waited for our main course. Another 30 minutes past before it arrived all that time I was sat without a drink. The food was nice but she never came back to check. After we had finished I had to stand up and head for the door before she noticed and asked if we wanted the bill. I won't be going there again. Imagine what the level of service would be like if they were busy! We felt like we were in the way for the time we were in there. We spoilt their staff get together. We were in the restaurant almost 2 hours, much too long when you are wanting a quick lunch. Needless to say I didn't tip the waitress..

my ex and I went in there for a meal a couple of years ago.

it was what we termed an "Alpha and Omega moment". ( Thefirst, and definitely the last!)

The service left a lot to be desired, and the food wasn't much cop, at all.

They served a brown and slimy, horribly stale salad, and when I explained to the waiter that it was inedible, he sneered and said "that's how it comes"

I said "I'm sorry, but I haven't been on this earth 45 years, to not know what a green salad is supposed to look like,, and brown and slimy is certainly not it!!"

Totally agree - been there a few times, and the experience has ranged from very mediocre to absolutely awful. Once ordered mussels in white wine, garlic and cream sauce - gorgeous when done properly - and it came on a saucer (I kid you not) with what looked like about 6 tiny bogies in the slimiest, most gelatenous "sauce" I've ever come across. Truly vile. We tried to complain but the manager wouldn't come near us. In the end, after waiting about an hour for our bill, we just paid up and left. Yes it was busy (god knows why) and yes we were on a 241 offer, but that doesn't excuse the disgusting food and crap service. It's a shame cause it's quite a nice space.

Good to see the food's improved but not surprised at the continued poor service. I really don't know how it keeps going.

Dreadful place. 36 people were there for my birthday on a midweek night last year. Everything was too much trouble for them. I've typed it all before so won't now but they were rude to my friends and I, some people from the forum would back me up. I'd never go back. We spent over a thousand pounds. To "make it easier for them" they wanted me to pay it on my credit card!

I'd had a meal a few weeks before with a friend and her children and that wasn't great either but I decided to give it a chance as I'd already booked the table for the big night out and the food was ok.

Conversely, the year before we'd been to Strada who had been great fun, made us feel very welcome, gave us wine and lemoncellos and couldn't do enough for us. Go there for same price food, immensely better service which means a lot.

I know for a fact that this is not typical of all Zizzis restaurants. The one at Meadowhall is excellent, I have been several times, and even when it is busy, have not been kept waiting, in fact I would have been quite happy to wait whilst I watched the food being pepared & cooked. The food I have had there has always been good too.

I do tend to go to local restaurants generally - Portofino on Chesterfield Road is brilliant and a firm favourite - but occasionally like to take advantage of early bird deals and offers, when I'm going to the cinema for instance. Went to Strada a couple of weeks ago, had a really good pizza and fantastic service...I know it's a chain, but they do it very well. Felicini on Eccy Road's the same.

After much deliberation myself and my son settled on a meal at Zizzis in Leopold Square yesterday afternoon. We were shocked to find that we were their only customers during the Snooker, we expected every where to be busy but decided that it could work in our favour and at sleazy wenwould receive quick efficient service. How wrong we were. We waited what felt like forever for the waitress to take our order. She then spent the next few minutes chatting to the other staff that had obviously come in to collect their wages before processing the order. When our starter arrived it was nicely presented garlic bread with cheese but we had eaten it before she tore herself away from her peers to enquire if it 'was ok'. The empty plate sat in front of us for 15 minutes until see noticed that it needed removing and we were ready for our main course. Staff continued to arrive to collect theirs wage slips and eat pizza that the chef he cooked for them. In the mean time we waited for our main course. Another 30 minutes past before it arrived all that time I was sat without a drink. The food was nice but she never came back to check. After we had finished I had to stand up and head for the door before she noticed and asked if we wanted the bill. I won't be going there again. Imagine what the level of service would be like if they were busy! We felt like we were in the way for the time we were in there. We spoilt their staff get together. We were in the restaurant almost 2 hours, much too long when you are wanting a quick lunch. Needless to say I didn't tip the waitress..

If you are the only customers in the place the staff will do almost anything to keep you there as long as possible. Passing trade will carry on passing if they see that a restaurant is empty. I bet they seated you in the window.

Archived