Channing Hall - as a venue?

• 2 months later...

I viewed Channing Hall last week. You have to provide your own caterer or do your own food, this was fine for us as we want the option to do this. They do have a kitchen you can use. The venue hire fee is £285 and it is extra to use the kitchen but I forgot to check how much. You also have to hire a mobile bar as they don't have an alcohol license and security staff, which they insist on for evening events. Call Norrow Estates Ltd who let it out on 01142725671 and they'll tell you all this. They really don't try to sell the venue at all, they tell you all the negatives up front!

It is a beautiful old hall, spacious and with an interesting history. It's known for it's spiral staircase (a good place to take photos!) but has also just had a lift installed for disabled access. It has a large dance floor and venue hire includes chairs and round tables. However you have to hire some things other venues already have like a bar and door staff.

Unless you are having your ceremony at Upper Chapel, you have to apply to the Upper Chapel trustees for permission to use Channing Hall but I've heard you can do this by email.

Archived