Tramlines 2011 Megathread - 22 - 24 July

HarleyLive

The last one was the only one I'd been to, the atmosphere was excellent but sadly the barriers and OTT policing ruined it for us a bit.

I'd still invite my friends if I were you, just the fact that such an event can happen in a city centre like that is great for Sheffield and I'll definitely be going to the next one.

Hi. We have made some changes this year that should make the flow a bit easier. Devonshire green will still be capacity controlled so there will be fences, but we are keeping Devonshire street out of the arena, which will make getting round town a lot easier.

Every other part of the festival is free flow, although obviously venues do fill up.

This year there are 70 venues involved and so far we have counted over 450 artists playing the event. So hopefully every one will stumble onto something they like!

http://Www.tramlines.org will have another line up update this week. And we still have a few more surprises to announce after that too. X

More is it worth it as in is good?

Is it worth paying for the accomadation etc

Premier inn are offering rooms for less than fortty quid. There will be a link on the website next week. The Sheffield hotels have all agreed to put their best weekend price on the link. Should be up by Wednesday. X

For my money it's the small crews like Tinnitus, STI and Room 303 doing the more interesting things in Sheffield. It's a shame they aren't part of what's going on.

Agree that is a shame. The way we organise the festival is we encourage the venues and promoters to hook up to put stuff on. And we try and cover as many genres as we can.

Definitely something to add in for next year.

X

Hi. We have made some changes this year that should make the flow a bit easier. Devonshire green will still be capacity controlled so there will be fences, but we are keeping Devonshire street out of the arena, which will make getting round town a lot easier.

Every other part of the festival is free flow, although obviously venues do fill up.

This year there are 70 venues involved and so far we have counted over 450 artists playing the event. So hopefully every one will stumble onto something they like!

http://Www.tramlines.org will have another line up update this week. And we still have a few more surprises to announce after that too. X

that links currently a fedora test page lol

http://www.hallamfm.co.uk/tramlines-artists

Brilliant news on Nerina! She's a long time favourite artist of mine so well pleased to see this! :D

BTW you've not put her or Delta maid on the a-z page as of Sunday 19/6 night.

http://www.tramlines.org.uk/lineup/

For those who don't know Nerina, she also writes for Kylie but IMO sings miles better. She's also bloomin funny. And likes Voles.

- the latest single.

History Boys - my favourite from the new album.

Better than today, for the kylie fans, I was at this gig :)

It was me, possibly my favourite slow one.

I was at this gig too.

From the Brit nominated Fires album. Nerina got married that day, didn't go so didn't win.

This is mainly her live. She's just amazing and although I've mainly seen her at small venues she's also played big ones too.

- Abba Tribute gig.

Great cover of

For my money it's the small crews like Tinnitus, STI and Room 303 doing the more interesting things in Sheffield. It's a shame they aren't part of what's going on.

If you're after bleep/breaks/jungle there's nothing to stop any of these crews (and/or you) doing something next year or even this year (although the deadline has passed for info to be on websites etc I think), def worth getting in touch with the organisers.

We're doing something (although not with anything funded), just got in touch with them

If you're after bleep/breaks/jungle there's nothing to stop any of these crews (and/or you) doing something next year or even this year (although the deadline has passed for info to be on websites etc I think), def worth getting in touch with the organisers.

We're doing something (although not with anything funded), just got in touch with them

There is still plenty of time to get on the website - if you decide to do something.

We are putting a nearly full line up on line early next week, along with the Hallam acts - waiting for a couple of names before we announce

Archived