Tramlines 2011 Megathread - 22 - 24 July

HarleyLive

And if anyone's looking for something to do on Thurs 21st to warm up for Tramlines, I recommend coming to the Washington for "The Cool Off" - an evening of original oldskool SKA 45's spun by my mate Dave Mack. Free entry, brilliant music.

And if anyone's looking for something to do on Thurs 21st to warm up for Tramlines, I recommend coming to the Washington for "The Cool Off" - an evening of original oldskool SKA 45's spun by my mate Dave Mack. Free entry, brilliant music.

dammit ive already organised a forum meet for the thursday tch

by the look of your thread you'll only be round the corner - could always pop in and see what you think - even if you don't make this one i'd look out for more of mr. mack in the future, the guy has a serious record collection.

Well this seems an appropriate thread to give to the masses the Tramlines line-up at Harrisons 1854...

For FULL listings including band links please follow the facebook link in our signature!

Friday 22nd July

STRANGE CHILDREN: an evening of electronic-tinged soundscape adventuring.

Easing you in to the festival vibe on Friday, we have some wonderful ambient electronica and noise emissions from the following:

TEN (+ visuals) - "cloud-filled electronic pulse"

--------------------------​--------------------------​----------------------

TOMORROW WE SAIL - "...seriously impressive terraced dynamics...striking, widely-spaced vocal harmonies"

DIE PLANKTON - "enigmatic nihilists"

Paul Sellers and his Dream Machine doing the business on the decks. You know Paul, Paul the host of 'Eclectica' on Sheffield Live! 93.2FM? Yeah of course you do. He'll be spinning weirdness. What's a 'Dream Machine'? Well Paul tells us that is he spins it correctly we'll all be having acid-like hallucinations... We've asked him to tone it down a touch, but after a pint or two of Brooklyn Lager he may be persuaded to give us the full assault.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Saturday 23rd July

OF THE NORTH: bands plucked from the northern wastelands

featuring...

MONSTER ISLAND “like pop music, but not popular”

CITRUS LINES “raw indie rock”

CARNATIONS “Cure meets Editors, until old-school rave piano!”

EXIT CITY SONS “banging folk and acoustic electro”

THE RIOTS “psychedelic rock n’ roll”

HUNKY DOREY “Glaswegian 70s punk/mod revival”

MARTYN GOLDSACK “sings from the soul, for the soul”

KIRSTY MERRYN “warm soothing vocals”