Tramlines 2011 Megathread - 22 - 24 July

HarleyLive

So Damo, let me get this straight.

If you have never heard of a band that means they are rubbish and nobody wants to see them, yet if you have heard of the band - it is because Radio 1 told you that you should like them?

I bet the hours just fly by in your company.....

There is so much more going to be announced, that is just some of the acts for the Sunday and a few from other areas of the festival. For all the pop fans the Saturday will be announced in the near future.

I can't wait to announce my line-up for the Saturday at the Harley :)

So Damo, let me get this straight.

If you have never heard of a band that means they are rubbish and nobody wants to see them, yet if you have heard of the band - it is because Radio 1 told you that you should like them?

I bet the hours just fly by in your company.....

Thats not what I said at all. Generally people only start to hear about a band because Radio 1 get a bee in their bonnet about one and promote them to the extreme.

Are the bands in the OP going to appeal to the generic everyday punter? Yes or No?

Thats not what I said at all. Generally people only start to hear about a band because Radio 1 get a bee in their bonnet about one and promote them to the extreme.

Are the bands in the OP going to appeal to the generic everyday punter? Yes or No?

Never listen to Radio 1 so can't comment on that.

Echo and the Bunnymen (and the acts beforehand) were very received and it was packed from mid-afternoon (Sunday). I would hazard a guess that Ash have sold way more records than Echo, so yes, it will appeal and it will be packed.

As people have already said, these are likely to be just some of the names announced for the Sunday bill. I'm sure a few boy bands and I'm a celebrity-like acts will be announced for the Saturday.

Are you going?

Never listen to Radio 1 so can't comment on that.

Echo and the Bunnymen (and the acts beforehand) were very received and it was packed from mid-afternoon (Sunday). I would hazard a guess that Ash have sold way more records than Echo, so yes, it will appeal and it will be packed.

As people have already said, these are likely to be just some of the names announced for the Sunday bill. I'm sure a few boy bands and I'm a celebrity-like acts will be announced for the Saturday.

Are you going?

I will probably be working, truth be told.

Archived