Ego Restaurant, Surrey Street

I have eaten here numerous times due to the fact that I seem to be emailed a discount voucher every other day! I can honestly say it is very good in terms of service, food and atmosphere. If you were paying full price then it would be good but with 33% off the food menu which you can use on a Friday night its a winner. The wine menu is very good its not cheap but the wine is worth the money. The courgette fritters that are a side are very good as is the lamb rump.

I have eaten here numerous times due to the fact that I seem to be emailed a discount voucher every other day! I can honestly say it is very good in terms of service, food and atmosphere. If you were paying full price then it would be good but with 33% off the food menu which you can use on a Friday night its a winner. The wine menu is very good its not cheap but the wine is worth the money. The courgette fritters that are a side are very good as is the lamb rump.

I must find out more about these vouchers.

I've always assumed that only students and peasants use them - and I also associate them with poor/junk eating places.

But 33% off in a decent place like this is worth having. Do tell us more!

Second the vote for the courgette fritters and lamb rump. Yummy! We celebrated our daughter's graduation there and I had those very same dishes. Mr G wanted the belly pork but it was a sell out so he had the pork and it was tender and scrummy. The atmosphere was lovely too.Dark and candle lit. Good food and very friendly service .

I must find out more about these vouchers.

I've always assumed that only students and peasants use them - and I also associate them with poor/junk eating places.

But 33% off in a decent place like this is worth having. Do tell us more!

Most restaurants now offer vouchers , not just the cheaper places.

I now get vouchers from Ego, Lock Fyne, Travel Lodge you name it and most likely you will be emailed one if you just click onto their sites.

Archived