What happens when fake ID is taken away?

My daughters friend has just turned up on our doorstep in floods of tears. Apparently she borrowed a provisional driving licence off an older friend and tried to get served in a bar (she is 15), but they caught her out by asking the post code which she hadn't memorised. They took the driving licence off her and said she had to go to the police station to get it back.

She is really scared and daren't go home, as her mum and dad had thought she was just staying over with a friend.

Does anyone know what will happen next, will she get a fine? She knows she has been silly so I don't need to emphasise that, but she is really scared about what happens now.

Guest sibon

Presumably, the bar won't know who she is, as she was using fake ID.

The best plan is for the real owner of the license to go and reclaim it from the police.

The girl needs a bit of a talking to though. You can decide who is the best person to do that:)

Presumably, the bar won't know who she is, as she was using fake ID.

The best plan is for the real owner of the license to go and reclaim it from the police.

The girl needs a bit of a talking to though. You can decide who is the best person to do that:)

Well I do feel sorry for her, she is so upset, she was talked into it by older kids. She says it is the first time she has ever done it, and to be honest she looks so young I doubt she would ever have been served, so quite how she thought she would get away with it I don't know.

I know I will have to tell her mum, but I would like to know what happens now so I can tell her what to expect.

most probably the pub will still have hold of it, the owner could call them and ask them to hand it back or your daughters friend could stump up for a new provisional licence for her friend, who can send for a replacement stating the origional one was lost.

If she hasnt been in trouble before, the police will probably just give a telling off maybe a warning to give her a scare.

Actually she says that it was taken off her at the door, rather than at the bar, so she wasn't even trying to get served with alcohol, just trying to access the premises. Is that even a crime? I am sure she would have tried to get alcohol given a chance, but it was taken off her before she could.

Archived