What happens when fake ID is taken away?

Most of the clubs down town dont accept the Challange card to get into them, I cant understand this as its official ID. My Son and mates have to go into town carrying their Provincial/full driving licence, which my son lost a couple of months on a night out; he now goes carrying his passport which is worrying.

I have to disagree with you on some of the things you say....

Im a 23 year old female, i wouldnt say im perfect but i wouldnt say im ugly either and 9 times out of 10 i get asked for I'D. I dont look under 18, i know i dont, but i may look under 21. The challenge policy is under 21, in some bars, its over 25.

Many bouncers like to pick and choose who they id. Like you, ive been out in groups and theyve only picked me out to i'd and on other nights ive not been asked and a couple of my friends have.....its just the way the cookie crumbles. I wouldnt take offence to it, when you get to 23 and your still getting asked, it becomes more of a compliment then something of offence. But dont think its because your male because trust me the girls get it just as much :)

You said "The other nights ive not been asked and a couple of my friends have". Are those couple of your friends the friends you were going with while you were the only one picked?

It's very sickening to recall the night of 26/2/11 when I have passed 18th b'day for 584 days, only me was picked, and 2 other friends who've passed 393 and 700 days respectively weren't picked. They're white and my skin is neither black or white. I wondering if skin colour the reason for such unfairness!

You said "The other nights ive not been asked and a couple of my friends have". Are those couple of your friends the friends you were going with while you were the only one picked?

Yes, we're just one group of friends. Majority of the time we all get collared for id but on a couple of occasions its just been me or just been another friend. Can never really call it.

The practical upshot of it all being;

Technically, in law, it is classed as a fraud.

The chances of anyone being arrested for, or charged with, fraud over it, are as close to zero as makes no difference.

It's highly likely that they'll get a sound ticking off from the desk sergeant.

My personal advice, to the parents, would be to tell the child that she knows she's done wrong, she has to own up and take her lumps, and they're proud of her for doing that much instead of trying to lie her way out of it.

I knew when I first saw this thread last night that it'd be a good one.

Some of the squares on here really need a reality check.

And could anyone explain to me why the mods remove the "bickering, insults or accusations"? If they were left in I'd be a much more regular visitor.

The practical upshot of it all being;

Technically, in law, it is classed as a fraud.

The chances of anyone being arrested for, or charged with, fraud over it, are as close to zero as makes no difference.

It's highly likely that they'll get a sound ticking off from the desk sergeant.

My personal advice, to the parents, would be to tell the child that she knows she's done wrong, she has to own up and take her lumps, and they're proud of her for doing that much instead of trying to lie her way out of it.

They will have to be arrested in the 1st place to see the desk Sergeant.In the reception lounge is a civilian and that person then contacts the relevent officer.

So let’s get this straight, the 15 year old gave a false name and address, the police have the licence (maybe ) , they are going to interrogate the original owner to see who she gave it to ( even if she reports it missing ) , failing that they are going to trawl through hours of CCTV tape to find a picture and then but the picture on crime watch ………….. uuuuuuuuuuuurm I don’t think so. :hihi:, In fact the cops would probably thank you for not turning up at the station and creating reams of paper work for them to fill in.

The 15 year old as already covered her back, the original owner of the licence needs to just sit tight and act dump ………. End of story.

Some people have been watching too many cop movies. :roll:

So let’s get this straight, the 15 year old gave a false name and address, the police have the licence (maybe ) , they are going to interrogate the original owner to see who she gave it to ( even if she reports it missing ) , failing that they are going to trawl through hours of CCTV tape to find a picture and then but the picture on crime watch ………….. uuuuuuuuuuuurm I don’t think so. :hihi:, In fact the cops would probably thank you for not turning up at the station and creating reams of paper work for them to fill in.

The 15 year old as already covered her back, the original owner of the licence needs to just sit tight and act dump ………. End of story.

Some people have been watching too many cop movies. :roll:

Exactly,thats why im saying dont turn up at the police station.I dont think they will bother with cctv etc, but speak to them seperately (as if best mates) and find out whats happened and then arrest whoever,its a self confession.

Archived