What happens when fake ID is taken away?

That's a radical change from the last time I was involved in this sort of thing. There were no arrests, merely a ticking-off from the desk sergeant.

exactly ,the only crime was attempted deception ,she earned nothing from it i would think a good talking to by the police will be enough although the person who let her borrow the licence may get a surprise visit from the local police

My daughters friend has just turned up on our doorstep in floods of tears. Apparently she borrowed a provisional driving licence off an older friend and tried to get served in a bar (she is 15), but they caught her out by asking the post code which she hadn't memorised. They took the driving licence off her and said she had to go to the police station to get it back.

She is really scared and daren't go home, as her mum and dad had thought she was just staying over with a friend.

Does anyone know what will happen next, will she get a fine? She knows she has been silly so I don't need to emphasise that, but she is really scared about what happens now.

Serves her right.She knew what she was doing,time to pay the price.

Serves her right.She knew what she was doing,time to pay the price.

I think the older friend is the one who needs to do the explaining to the police as they are obviously old enough to know better:roll:

You said "The other nights ive not been asked and a couple of my friends have". Are those couple of your friends the friends you were going with while you were the only one picked?

It's very sickening to recall the night of 26/2/11 when I have passed 18th b'day for 584 days, only me was picked, and 2 other friends who've passed 393 and 700 days respectively weren't picked. They're white and my skin is neither black or white. I wondering if skin colour the reason for such unfairness!

nothing to do with your skin colour

i have friends of various colours and ethnicitys and at one time or another weve all been that lucky bugger chosen for the id check

you show them your id, they take a good look at you and it and away you go, no need to get upset about it

The club officials have no right to conficate any documents.

The owner should demand it back from the club ,not the police

and if it is not forthcoming tell them they will be sued for theft.

As for the crime of the century ,I,m sure the girl has learned her lesson.

What do some of these posters want to do ,hang her ,for god sake

were you never 15.

i actually hope she has learnt her lesson.

did you know that the staff who serves her accidentely also gets a £80 fine with the possibility loss of thier job (some bars use this clause as due diligence if it goes to court as a sackable offence ) and the premises can get a fine as well as loss of business if its closed down????

its people like her that puts peoples jobs at risk all because of some yute trying to get her sip of an alco pop. its hard enough with little mugs trying to use UK - ID.co.uk cards as legit ID when the back of the card says "not valid ID " :loopy: as well as red tape management at local authorities making tesco check out staff asking 80 year olds for ID . this is how ridiculously it has got if you can see it from a pub managers point of view.

we confiscate it and keep it as a collection to train my new bar staff to recognise fake ID and either destroy it if its fake ID . or hand to police if its legit ID.

Archived