What happens when fake ID is taken away?

i actually hope she has learnt her lesson.

did you know that the staff who serves her accidentely also gets a £80 fine with the possibility loss of thier job (some bars use this clause as due diligence if it goes to court as a sackable offence ) and the premises can get a fine as well as loss of business if its closed down????

its people like her that puts peoples jobs at risk all because of some yute trying to get her sip of an alco pop. its hard enough with little mugs trying to use UK - ID.co.uk cards as legit ID when the back of the card says "not valid ID " :loopy: as well as red tape management at local authorities making tesco check out staff asking 80 year olds for ID . this is how ridiculously it has got if you can see it from a pub managers point of view.

we confiscate it and keep it as a collection to train my new bar staff to recognise fake ID and either destroy it if its fake ID . or hand to police if its legit ID.

I suppose you're working in a bar/pub/club. You've shown your view and I hope you've also read all the words the OP's written in this thread.

The OP said the 15 y/o girl has already got suicide intention before the incident and she was further depressed after. She had fear with facing her parents and the police.

I'm very upset to see many replies including "She deserves a big fine" "slap her" "If the consequence is not great she can't learn a lesson and will do it again". Some replies are even more cruel: "Hang her" "do prostitute in order to pay the £80 fine". How cruel are these replies!! Don't you know she has been so depressed, feeling so scared and crying all the way to the OP's home?

I'm sure she's learnt a lesson as the OP's said her parents are unhappy, the OP has condemned her and she's been crying for a while. I'm sure the OP and her parents will prevent her from doing ID fraud again. I advice her to go to the police station punctually together with at least one of her parents. The ID owner with a parent, and the cousin who did the ID borrowing should turn up with them together. This is to prove to the police that the 3 girls involved have been taught a lesson by an adult relative and they've admited their guilty. This will hopefully reduce the legal consequence of the fault and I think the consequence won't be greater than a 2-digit fine.

I have a few more details now.

We met this girl at a child bereavement group, where she is getting counselling for grief following the death of a beloved grandparent. She has also been bullied at school, and is very depressed.

This outing was conceived by an older cousin, who wanted to give her a treat to cheer her up by taking her dancing, whilst safely under her supervision. They had discussed it beforehand and had agreed that she would drink 2 wkds and no more as neither wanted to be drunk or ill. The older cousin borrowed a provisional driving licence from an 18 year old friend.

It was her first time ever in town at night, and was something she had wanted to do after hearing the "cool" kids talking about how often they went clubbing and how easy it is to do with fake ids.

She is very upset, and possibly even considering suicide as a way out of her problems. Her mum and dad have now been informed, and are understandably unhappy.

Her cousin actually gave a false name for the 15 year old, so she could walk away without any come back at all, if it wasn't for the fact that the 18 year old would lose her driving licence, so it is only her conscience that is making her go through with going to the police next week as required in order to get it returned.

I do feel very sorry for her, she has told me tales of how other children her age hang around the peace gardens and town centre at night drinking, she could have done that, but didn't think it was safe. Whilst I know it was reprehensible to do it at all, I actually think it was quite responsible to try and make her first outing safe by going with an older cousin and by agreeing limits to her drinking in advance.

Anyway it is up to her parents now, but I would still be interested in knowing the outcome if anyone else has had this happen to them recently.

responsible?????????? lets teach kids to deal with problems through drink & if it had gone to plan maybe cost someone else a fine. I really can't take this statement in

That is due to your failure to understand the difference between relative and absolute.

maybe you could help me understand the statement below

I do feel very sorry for her, she has told me tales of how other children her age hang around the peace gardens and town centre at night drinking, she could have done that, but didn't think it was safe. Whilst I know it was reprehensible to do it at all, I actually think it was quite responsible to try and make her first outing safe by going with an older cousin and by agreeing limits to her drinking in advance.

maybe you could help me understand the statement below

Absolute responsibility: was it a good idea? No.

Relative responsibility: was it a better idea than buying bottles of booze and hanging around the park? Yes. Although it's probably best described as a less bad idea, since it certainly wasn't a good one.

Absolute responsibility: was it a good idea? No.

Relative responsibility: was it a better idea than buying bottles of booze and hanging around the park? Yes. Although it's probably best described as a less bad idea, since it certainly wasn't a good one.

I think its the OP's take on this that i can't get my head round

Identity fraud is serious.

Errr... no it's not! Well yes, maybe if you are buying a plane ticket on a false passport to hijack a plane, but to use someone else's driving license to get into a club underage... come off it.

Where is all this petty moralising coming from? We all started drinking at 14/15/16 the only difference is that now the poor kids have to show ID to get in anywhere which leads to the situation above.

John X

When I was 15, I was using my sisters provisional... under the circumstances that I had to give her £60 before I went out and I got the money back upon returning her license. I've been going down town since I was about 15-16, people on here giving it what for, youre all so perfect? Dont think so! I went out because all my friends were and still are, older than me. I'm probably alot more mature than most my age too.

I like the idea of calling yourself mature whilst telling everyone you went drinking in town aged 15......

Errr... she took it to impersonate someone else.

It's identity fraud. And quite rightly the bar have handed it to the Police.

This is serious. It's called fraud because it is.... fraud. Had the girl been let in and served, and there was a Police raid, then the bar would have been fined, the bar staff fined, disciplined etc.

I said IT'S NOT AS IF SHE STOLE IT.

Archived