What happens when fake ID is taken away?

I know this fraud is wrong but I believe the fear now being faced by the 15 y/o girl is absolutely immense. I feel sorry to hear that she's been crying. I hope she and the ID holder will be alright and won't get fined!

I'm a 19 y/o man that I'm easily ****** off by the process of Challenge. I know those securities generally adopt Challenge 21 and I fully understand the reasons and how it works.

Every nightout I get asked to see my ID (Challenge), OK! But I often see groups of girls who apparently don't look over 20 not being challenged. I'm sick to see such unfairness! I'm not a White Caucasian. I can't forget that one night I was going out with 2 English friends (one is 3months older and another is 7months younger than me). We three were walking into the bar closely in a quick pace, and only me was stopped by the security. My friends didn't get stopped+challenged and they didn't know I was stopped+challenged cos they walked too quick and didn't look behind. The security who did it is a Black man. So, this scenario reflects that the security thinks my friends are older than me and aged 21 or up. The friend younger than me was 18 that time! So, he thinks I'm younger than 18?? I really hate being seen as 17 or younger! I've already turned 18 for 678 days! Does he really think my friends are aged 21 or up?? On my 22nd birthday would I also get challenged while going to the bar?

In this forum someone have told that securities ocassionally don't challenge girls who look pretty enough that someone said they have friends who're 16 successfully entered the club.

My friend who've been to Ibiza for holiday when he was 18, went to the drinking venues there for over 10 times and never got his ID checked. If the UK wants to be more strict then why not implement Challenge 100 that everybody get challenged?

I know this fraud is wrong but I believe the fear now being faced by the 15 y/o girl is absolutely immense. I feel sorry to hear that she's been crying. I hope she and the ID holder will be alright and won't get fined!

I'm a 19 y/o man that I'm easily ****** off by the process of Challenge. I know those securities generally adopt Challenge 21 and I fully understand the reasons and how it works.

Every nightout I get asked to see my ID (Challenge), OK! But I often see groups of girls who apparently don't look over 20 not being challenged. I'm sick to see such unfairness! I'm not a White Caucasian. I can't forget that one night I was going out with 2 English friends (one is 3months older and another is 7months younger than me). We three were walking into the bar closely in a quick pace, and only me was stopped by the security. My friends didn't get stopped+challenged and they didn't know I was stopped+challenged cos they walked too quick and didn't look behind. The security who did it is a Black man. So, this scenario reflects that the security thinks my friends are older than me and aged 21 or up. The friend younger than me was 18 that time! So, he thinks I'm younger than 18?? I really hate being seen as 17 or younger! I've already turned 18 for 678 days! Does he really think my friends are aged 21 or up?? On my 22nd birthday would I also get challenged while going to the bar?

In this forum someone have told that securities ocassionally don't challenge girls who look pretty enough that someone said they have friends who're 16 successfully entered the club.

My friend who've been to Ibiza for holiday when he was 18, went to the drinking venues there for over 10 times and never got his ID checked. If the UK wants to be more strict then why not implement Challenge 100 that everybody get challenged?

There is no prejudice in the 'challenge' I am 26 and still get id'd for the lottery sometimes.

Actually she says that it was taken off her at the door, rather than at the bar, so she wasn't even trying to get served with alcohol, just trying to access the premises. Is that even a crime?

Using fake ID is always a crime, no matter what you're trying to achieve with it. It's false impersonation, or something.

Using fake ID is always a crime, no matter what you're trying to achieve with it. It's false impersonation, or something.

I doubt if it's a crime. This post started last night at 11 and I suppose the thing just happened before that time. The persons concerned should be in bed now and let's hope they'll feel better after getting up today, and won't have any more ordeal!

Actually she says that it was taken off her at the door, rather than at the bar, so she wasn't even trying to get served with alcohol, just trying to access the premises. Is that even a crime? I am sure she would have tried to get alcohol given a chance, but it was taken off her before she could.

It says that she was trying to get served but either way, it was late night in a bar so she wasn't there for a spot of tea. Most bars restrict younger children from being in public bars beyond a certain time so its possible that being there was breaking a house rule. What she needs is the crap scared out of her, can't say I feel any sympathy.

Post # 4 and #16... calling it 'fraud' is a bit much. Ok so it's not right but the owner of the license agreed to lend it the 15 y/o, it's not as if she stole it to impersonate someone else to make financial gain or other such thing... she is a silly lass who wanted to go drinking with her mates and got caught out (rightly so of course). Doesn't make her a hard and fast criminal!

HP- hope she gets it sorted soon, I can't imagine the polica will do much other than a warning and a slapped wrist, given her age. Worth checking out if the 17yr old whose license it is will get into any trouble for agreeing to give it to her? I don't think much will happen, but at least it's a lesson learned eh. Anyway, tell her (if it was town)... that it's bobbar, keep away! ;)

Archived