What happens when fake ID is taken away?

Does anyone know what actually does happen in these cases? I am sure it must have happened before. I have googled it, and using a fake id can be an offence under the Identity Card Act 2006, with up to 2 years in prison as a penalty.

So has this happened to anyone recently and what was the outcome?

Does anyone know what actually does happen in these cases? I am sure it must have happened before. I have googled it, and using a fake id can be an offence under the Identity Card Act 2006, with up to 2 years in prison as a penalty.

So has this happened to anyone recently and what was the outcome?

guess the severity of the crime would dictate the punishment. Trying to sneak blue WKD aint so bad, smacked arse and a confiscated mobile would be enough :D

The doorman told her that she would get an £80 fine, which is one reason that she is so upset, as she doesn't have that kind of money. I think her mum might find it difficult to get hold of too.

I think doormen say a lot of things that aren't neccesarily the case and they may just have been trying to frighten her.

I would recommend that you go to the venue where this happened and speak to the doorstaff. The licence may still be on the premises anyway and if it really has been handed to the police then you can go and speak to them.

If you can convince them that the girl in question is very remorseful, usually very sensible and was feeling presured by friends they may well be prepared to caution her and let the license be reurned to it's owner.

I find it inconceivable that everyone in worried what will happen to this child now that she has been found breaking the law and not what could have happened had the doorman not been so vigilant.

She is 15, Her parents should have been informed right away, they more than likely will end up footing the bill anyway. Just where did they think she was at that time of night.

If she doesn't face the consequences of her actions how is she ever going to learn not to do these things?

Note that from what the OP says the girl is only worried about herself and not her friend who has to go and get her licence back, nor her parents who could end up with a £80 fine. The OP is doing her no favours by mollie coddling her.

This is what the home office is intending to do about such things.

http://www.securityoracle.com/news/Door-Staff-Advised-To-Confiscate-False-ID_16649.html

This is the official line from the home office...

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/media-centre/press-releases/fake-id

£5000 and 10 years imprisonment but chances of the little girl in the OP getting anything like this is pretty much nil.

The doorman told her that she would get an £80 fine, which is one reason that she is so upset, as she doesn't have that kind of money.

No but she's got money to go into bars to buy booze?

And no doubt if anything bad had happened to her, her folks would have soon being whining to The Star about how evil the place is and that more should be done.

No but she's got money to go into bars to buy booze?

And no doubt if anything bad had happened to her, her folks would have soon being whining to The Star about how evil the place is and that more should be done.

...along the lines of 'why didn't they check her ID'

Archived