What happens when fake ID is taken away?

It sounds like you're suggesting that they pervert the course of justice in order to avoid what is, most likely, going to be at worst a police caution for using a false ID.

Perverting the course of justice could land someone in jail for anything up to twenty years!

Worse things happen at sea. :D ............ We’re not talking about a bank robbery. :D

She isn't planning on doing anything other than what she was told to do, which is to present herself at the police station on Monday, along with her cousin and the girl whose licence she borrowed. (Are police stations open on bank holidays?)

I would still like to know if anyone has recent experience of this so that we can tell her what to expect to happen at the police station. A few people have said that ids are taken off young people regularly, so surely someone must have experienced this?

I haven't experienced it as don't know anyone who would be so stupid as to get caught if they are going to do something so silly! Yes of course they will take the licence off her and hand it to the police, she could have stolen it couldn't she the club are only doing their job and will be following procedures !

I would still like to know if anyone has recent experience of this so that we can tell her what to expect to happen at the police station. A few people have said that ids are taken off young people regularly, so surely someone must have experienced this?

She's likely to get a thorough telling-off from a police officer, in front of one or both parents. She is extremely unlikely to face charges, given that - firstly - it's a thing that goes on an awful lot and the police wouldn't have time or resources to charge everyone who did it, and - secondly - she wasn't actually successful.

The police will almost certainly take the view that having spent three days crapping herself in fear is punishment enough.

wow, I wish I had the time and inclination to get as offended by things as some people do in this place...

I'm pretty sure this kinda thing happens all the time, yet we don't see swathes of 15 year old girls getting fined thousands and being locked up for years. Just give her a good telling of and leave it there. It's not as if she was trying to get into some high security government building intent on terrorism...

Assault sounds like beating someone up. It's a misuse of a word.

You, as many liberal cretins do, use a word to make a slap sounds like something serious.

Slapping someone is assault. You should learn what these laws mean before you go around advocating violence.

You as many misogynistic Neanderthal throw backs do, recommend violence as a way of solving every problem.

There is no necessity to lie. Simply report that you don't have it.

Didn’t I say that :huh: , The DVLA will get hundreds if not thousands of requests for replacement licenses, do they give everyone the third degree about it ………… probably not.

I left my licence in a bag on a train, went on the DVLA site and pressed a few buttons, hey- presto a new licence delivered to my house.

Can't be bothered to plough through all five pages...

...but if it's anything like our son's experience (lent his driving licence to someone else) and it gets passed on to the police (likely), the licence holder will get a letter from the police pointing out the illegalities of false ID; warning that if it happens again the consequences will be serious, and telling them that they can come down to the station (accompanied by parent if under 18 ) and collect their ID.

If they don't collect it within a specified time it gets shredded.

Your daughter's friend probably won't get involved - and hopefully the experience has given her a bit of a wake-up call (though we've all been there haven't we :)

, the licence holder will get a letter from the police pointing out the illegalities of false ID; warning that if it happens again the consequences will be serious, and telling them that they can come down to the station (accompanied by parent if under 18 ) and collect their ID.

Hypothetically speaking :wink:

The licence holder goes to the police station and says thank you for finding my licence ………….. I have just reported it missing to the DVLA.

The licence holder goes to the police station and says thank you for finding my licence ………….. I have just reported it missing to the DVLA.

Hmmm...

I suspect this probably isn't the first time the police have come across a 15 year-old with a 17 year-old's licence that has "been reported missing".

I would expect wrist-slapping is in order whatever the excuse :)

Archived