What happens when fake ID is taken away?

I have a few more details now.

We met this girl at a child bereavement group, where she is getting counselling for grief following the death of a beloved grandparent. She has also been bullied at school, and is very depressed.

This outing was conceived by an older cousin, who wanted to give her a treat to cheer her up by taking her dancing, whilst safely under her supervision. They had discussed it beforehand and had agreed that she would drink 2 wkds and no more as neither wanted to be drunk or ill. The older cousin borrowed a provisional driving licence from an 18 year old friend.

It was her first time ever in town at night, and was something she had wanted to do after hearing the "cool" kids talking about how often they went clubbing and how easy it is to do with fake ids.

She is very upset, and possibly even considering suicide as a way out of her problems. Her mum and dad have now been informed, and are understandably unhappy.

Her cousin actually gave a false name for the 15 year old, so she could walk away without any come back at all, if it wasn't for the fact that the 18 year old would lose her driving licence, so it is only her conscience that is making her go through with going to the police next week as required in order to get it returned.

I do feel very sorry for her, she has told me tales of how other children her age hang around the peace gardens and town centre at night drinking, she could have done that, but didn't think it was safe. Whilst I know it was reprehensible to do it at all, I actually think it was quite responsible to try and make her first outing safe by going with an older cousin and by agreeing limits to her drinking in advance.

Anyway it is up to her parents now, but I would still be interested in knowing the outcome if anyone else has had this happen to them recently.

That sounds like a good cover story, lets see if she can sell it. It would probably go down better with the police to be honest and say 'I wanted to get drunk and made a stupid mistake' rather than all the excuses that they probably hear every day anyway.

Some people on here, you dont half make me laugh! When I was 15, I was using my sisters provisional... under the circumstances that I had to give her £60 before I went out and I got the money back upon returning her license. I've been going down town since I was about 15-16, people on here giving it what for, youre all so perfect? Dont think so! I went out because all my friends were and still are, older than me. I'm probably alot more mature than most my age too. But come off it will you, so she went out and she got caught out, unlucky. Most dont get caught out, my ID was never questioned and my and the sister look naff all like each other, the door men never bothered just smiled and let me go in.

HP: I dont think much will come of it to be honest, probably just what some others said, a telling off etc. As for the license holder, ive no idea what will happen I know me and my sister [with the money agreement] had a plan that, she'd use the money to get a new one and would whip my backside for being an idiot and having it taken from me or losing it.

Does anyone know what actually does happen in these cases? I am sure it must have happened before. I have googled it, and using a fake id can be an offence under the Identity Card Act 2006, with up to 2 years in prison as a penalty.

So has this happened to anyone recently and what was the outcome?

Nothing will happen,dont worry about it.First thing to do is ring the bar and ask if the license is there.If they have handed it into the police then more than likely it will be returned to the owner (i think it has address on).I got arrested for drunk and disorderly at 16, i got a fine.

Some people on here, you dont half make me laugh! When I was 15, I was using my sisters provisional... under the circumstances that I had to give her £60 before I went out and I got the money back upon returning her license. I've been going down town since I was about 15-16, people on here giving it what for, youre all so perfect?

Nobody on this thread has claimed to be perfect. All we've done is to point out that the girl in question was in the wrong.

Nobody on this thread has claimed to be perfect. All we've done is to point out that the girl in question was in the wrong.

Do you not think the girl knows that?

I'm 99% sure, she understands it was probably a daft thing to do. Dont you agree?

So on that note, why does everyone have to point out 'how daft/stupid' etc it is and impersonating someone and all that crap.... :rolleyes: Im sure she gets it, maybe it is daft, but im sure people have done worse in their lifetimes.

Do you not think the girl knows that?

I'm 99% sure, she understands it was probably a daft thing to do. Dont you agree?

So on that note, why does everyone have to point out 'how daft/stupid' etc it is and impersonating someone and all that crap....

Chiefly, because some people have claimed that it wasn't!

She isn't planning on doing anything other than what she was told to do, which is to present herself at the police station on Monday, along with her cousin and the girl whose licence she borrowed. (Are police stations open on bank holidays?)

I would still like to know if anyone has recent experience of this so that we can tell her what to expect to happen at the police station. A few people have said that ids are taken off young people regularly, so surely someone must have experienced this?

No,no,no they will arrest her cousin and the girl whos license it is,why do you think they want everyone to go, who is involved?

Archived