Help needed for tinnitus

I,m not one for moaning and groaning about ailments as I am growing older I get aches and pains now and again which I take no notice of.My hip joints give me some gee up at times ,age related of course a sign the bodys wearing out,I just take it a bit easier than I used to and it passes.One thing I can,t shake off is tinnitus"ringing in the ears",it,s like a constant high pitched buzzing varying in intensity such as if I sit quietly in a silent room it,s really loud.I find that if I have any kind of background noise it decreases maybe tricking the brain a little I don,t know.Tinnitus is caused by damage to the eardrum constant exposure to loud noise,the only thing I can blame is driving lorries from the early 60s to the 80s which had no sound dampening in the cabs,you had to shout to your passenger two feet away because of the screaming engines,anyhow all I know its a pain in the jacksy that won,t go away and I wouldn,t wish it on anyone!.Any Forum members suffer from owt like this???.:roll::help:

Yeah ..i've suffered wi' it for 7 years ...(worked in t' Steelworks for many years )..I went to Specsavers in Union St , Sheffield and bought a couple o' Digital Hearing Aids ....They've certainly made it more bearable ..:thumbsup:

I suffer from tinnitus - I don't think its too severe, although it is difficult to know how severe other people find it. I find that its worse when its quiet, especially when I go to bed. Too many gigs when I was a teenager I think, so now I wear ear plugs when the music is loud to stop it getting any worse.

I listen to white/brown noise at low volume when the ringing is really annoying me and I'm trying to sleep. I use an programme on my phone but you can buy a stand alone unit or detune your radio. It does work so give it a try - Hope it helps.

Yeah ..i've suffered wi' it for 7 years ...(worked in t' Steelworks for many years )..I went to Specsavers in Union St , Sheffield and bought a couple o' Digital Hearing Aids ....They've certainly made it more bearable ..:thumbsup:

but did they improve your eyesight:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I have a friend who suffers. He now wears earing aids too and says he has no problems at all when wearing them.

He stays trouble free for a few hours after removing them.

• 6 months later...

Archived