Changing my old £20 notes

I have some £20 notes which went out of circulation at the end of june last year.

Can anybody tell me if i can exchange them into new notes at the bank or anywhere?

Cheers.

Just take them to a bank and they will change them although if you have a few million of them expect a few questions.;)

There is no charge for changing them.

I have some £20 notes which went out of circulation at the end of june last year.

Can anybody tell me if i can exchange them into new notes at the bank or anywhere?

Cheers.

Note too sure if they will accept them now but you can try at the bank.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/about/faqs.htm#1

All Bank of England notes retain their face value for all time. If your local bank, building society or Post Office is not willing to accept these notes then they can be exchanged with the Bank of England in London. For more information on how to exchange Bank of England banknotes that have been withdrawn from circulation see the exchanging banknotes page.

If your local bank wont accept an old BOE note, which they wont after so long, there's a PDF application form on the BOE site, to get the value of the old note credited into a bank account.

I've used this myself a few times.

• 5 months later...

Archived