Warning. Leave the house this Easter at your peril!

No disrespect andy' but you are missing something of great importance. Check out the polution levels here. As you can see they are low to moderate' mostly low. Now, The government is warning us to stay in doors because of the high levels of polution!! I am not saying that it is some sort of conspiracy, but the government are obviously holding something back from us.:|

they are holding nothing back

the generally calm weather, coupled with sunlight and traffic fumes poses a significant risk to people with respiratory diseases, the amount of tree pollen in the air at this time probably isn't helping either.

as is proper and correct, the government has issued guidance for those with respiratory diseases reminding them to take sensible steps to protect their health, for the vast majority of people who are in good health then this will make no difference what so ever.

this being a bank holiday weekend has probably reduced the amount of traffic pollution in cities somewhat more than usual for a weekend.

also, it seems that the heat has triggered a number of intense thunderstorms which will have cleared the air somewhat. while storms were anticipated there was no accurate way of forecasting if, when and where they would form and how intense they would be.

Good on ya' Tom!:thumbsup: Try not to expose any flesh on your travels though.;)
I've still got my old army NBC suite and s10 respirator left over from the cold war days when a nuclear attack from Russia was imminent, do you think Il'e be OK in that then ? mined you Iv'e slapped a few stone on in the last few years so it mite not fit to good you've got me worrying a bit know my OH says she wants to do a bit of topless sun bathing this weekend so what do you think I should apply as a protection barrier for here,:)

Good on ya' Tom!:thumbsup: Try not to expose any flesh on your travels though.;)

I'm glad I didn't expose any at the Hillsborough B&Q earlier. Torrential rain and hailstones the size of broad beans.

The roof was leaking, much putting of buckets under them. Horrible weather event. Yet when we got home there was no sign of rain.

I'm glad I didn't expose any at the Hillsborough B&Q earlier. Torrential rain and hailstones the size of broad beans.

The roof was leaking, much putting of buckets under them. Horrible weather event. Yet when we got home there was no sign of rain.

Yeah, I heard about that. Surely that isn't normal for this time of year!:suspect:

I've still got my old army NBC suite and s10 respirator left over from the cold war days when a nuclear attack from Russia was imminent, do you think Il'e be OK in that then ? mined you Iv'e slapped a few stone on in the last few years so it mite not fit to good you've got me worrying a bit know my OH says she wants to do a bit of topless sun bathing this weekend so what do you think I should apply as a protection barrier for here,:)

:hihi: Try chocolate spread, it won't stop radiation but it sure tastes gooood!:D

Yeah, I heard about that. Surely that isn't normal for this time of year!:suspect:

Not sure, but it was a bit scary. There was about 2 inches of hailstones on my car when we eventually left, and the area around Hillsborough corner was flooded to about half way up the wheels. :(

Archived