Warning. Leave the house this Easter at your peril!

We are being given dire warnings about the hot weather over the bank holiday. In other words, if we don;t listen to the experts then we are doomed.

We have been warned about the smog, we are being warned about a potential drought that is up and coming due to the warm weather we have had for the last 48 hours.

And the weatherpeople are warning us

1) that it will be hot

2) if we stay to long in the sun, we will burn (in the 1980s it was called getting a suntan)

So the kids have to covered from head to toe in suncream before they play on the back garden.

Are you sick of the weather warnings? for god sake, why can't we just enjoy the sunny weather without all the warnings?

Strange, isn't it?

In many places, temperatures of 20-25'C would be on the low side of normal for this time of the year.

Why is it that in the UK, if the temperature gets above 20'C and the winds are light and variable (or no wind) the country becomes covered in smog? (I appreciate that usually there is a wind from the South West/ West to blow all the nasty pollutants over to Denmark - but why should the Danes have to put up with British pollution?)

The BBC News was showing pictures of 'London in the Murk' this morning. (I'm glad I don't have to breathe that stuff) and warning people to stay indoors during the afternoon.

The increase in popularity of diesel-engined cars has no doubt contributed considerably to the levels of 'PM10s' in the atmosphere, but why is the problem so great in the UK? Are the road fuels used there dirtier than elsewhere? Are emission control standards lower than elsewhere?

Have all the roads melted yet? (That usually happens in the UK when the temperature gets above 20'C)

It'll probably rain on Monday.

Archived