Coalitions meant politicians were more likely to break their promises.

On the policies you think are important

How else do you think they vote for a party?:confused: If they dropped the policies that I was most in favour of; then they have capitulated. It doesn't matter if you agree or not, the fact remains that (to me) they have sold out on their most important manifesto promises (and, I suspect, many more feel the same).

Whether others agree; we'll see at the elections.

None of which I was drawn to vote for them for. So, for me - and many others - they have capitulated (the university fees increase fiasco was the icing on te cake - promise to campaign against, yet do no campaigning against it, unlike the Bories: Promise referendum, yet campaign against it).

Don’t the stocking fillers that evildrneil quotes grab you attention, reform this, reform that, support this support that, commission on this commission on that :hihi:

How else do you think they vote for a party?:confused: If they dropped the policies that I was most in favour of; then they have capitulated. It doesn't matter if you agree or not, the fact remains that (to me) they have sold out on their most important manifesto promises (and, I suspect, many more feel the same).

Whether others agree; we'll see at the elections.

No they haven't capitulated. If they have, for example, dropped the three policies that you are most in favour of but got another 15 policies through then they can not in any way be considered to have capitulated. If they get more manifesto policies through than they have to drop then they come out of the coalition a winner. Well arguably if they go into the coalition and get a single policy through they are a winner. Remember that the manifesto pledges are there for if they are elected into power. They weren't. They formed a coalition for the good of the country. Be happy they get any policies through rather than bitching because your favourite policy had to get ditched. You voted them in on the entirety of the manifesto not a choice two or three pledges that you like.

Don’t the stocking fillers that evildrneil quotes grab you attention, reform this, reform that, support this support that, commission on this commission on that :hihi:

So you don't think taking the poorest out of taxation or sorting out the broken banking system that has caused so many problems or helping the poorest students into better education are important? You have some rather strange priorities.

No they haven't capitulated. If they have, for example, dropped the three policies that you are most in favour of but got another 15 policies through then they can not in any way be considered to have capitulated. .

Keep saying it and I am sure you will believe it, the coalition cracks are showing, his party are disowning him and when Av ( couldn’t even get PR ) is dismissed its only a matter of time until the Lib dems follow.

You voted them in on the entirety of the manifesto not a choice two or three pledges that you like.

No I didn't.

I only voted for them for some of the policies (or do you have to agree with every policy of a party in order to vote for them)?

Normally I spoil my papers, for once I didn't and made a choice. Never again. Each and everyone of them are as bad as the other.

Another massive capitulation is in regards to Trident. And it's no good telling me that it will be looked at in the next parliament, I voted for it to go now not maybe in five years (that's if they manage to get re-elected - very doubtful judging by the responses of the people I know that voted for the GlibDims).

Archived