Landlords should have their benefits cut. Abolish housing benefit

Landlords should have their benefits cut.

I welcome the cuts made to housing benefit, but the cuts did not go far enough.

Housing benefit must be abolished completely.

The unemployed have become cash-cows for the class of benefit spongers a.k.a. landlords. It's not fair on the unemployed, nor is it fair on real workers.

These people do nothing productive whatsoever. They buy a property with debt, and let it out to the unemployed using the housing benefit to pay the mortgage. Housing benefit profits only the banks and parasitic landlords.

Housing associations are just as bad. Many of the people working for them, especially those at the top are not needed. Their salaries are ridiculous and undeserved.

Quite frankly the whole system is a sham. And a very many people are abusing it for profit. If you removed their income and shot them in the head the world be a better place.

Now, maybe its a bit OTT to go around executing them, but removal of their un-earned income should be top priority, abolish housing benefit ASAP.

Increase the dole, and decrease taxes for workers. Let people choose how much they would spend on accommodation, don't force them to spend massive proportions of their income on housing.

Housing benefit = £1 per day per person alive in Britain (and less than half of the British work).

If you work, £60+ a month you pay in taxation for the housing benefit system, all it does is set a minimum rent level and guarantees parasites an income. It is a morally repulsive benefit.

Housing benefit is a tax on workers which is used to make them pay more for property.

I agree, too many landlords, are milking the system completely.

What I can't believe is when an applicant, claims housing benefits, they can have it paid directly into their own account, or directly to the landlord!!!!!!!!

Shouldn't it be paid direct to who is providing the house??

There are lots of good landlords but the bad ones are really bad and give a wrong impression.

Housing benefits can be paid to the landlord directly if the tenant states so on the application form or when the tenant has not paid the landlord for 10-12 weeks.

If you have a concern that you are not being fairly dealt with contact the council as soon as possible.

I welcome the cuts made to housing benefit, but the cuts did not go far enough.

Housing benefit must be abolished completely.

The unemployed have become cash-cows for the class of benefit spongers a.k.a. landlords. It's not fair on the unemployed, nor is it fair on real workers.

eh i dont understand where your coming from on this???

1: cuts in the benefit DONT effect the landlord, they can still charge what they want, but somebody on housing benefit has to pay the shortfall.

2: if housing benefit is abolished how do you expect the poorest to afford to have a shelter over their heads?

3: as for the last part i quoted i dont know where you got that from either?? cash cows?

surely if a landlord was getting benefit from the unemployed hed be renting to somebody working, either way hes getting his money??????

i really dont know how your equating some terrible link to housing benefit to landlords???

everybody needs housing, strangely theres also plenty that WONT rent to the uneployed and housing benefit cos its more hassle????

1: cuts in the benefit DONT effect the landlord, they can still charge what they want, but somebody on housing benefit has to pay the shortfall.

2: if housing benefit is abolished how do you expect the poorest to afford to have a shelter over their heads?

3: as for the last part i quoted i dont know where you got that from either?? cash cows?

surely if a landlord was getting benefit from the unemployed hed be renting to somebody working, either way hes getting his money??????

i really dont know how your equating some terrible link to housing benefit to landlords???

everybody needs housing, strangely theres also plenty that WONT rent to the uneployed and housing benefit cos its more hassle????

the cuts left the maximum rents very high, meaning landlords could charge more. If a house really isn't worth £500 per month, and a working person won't pay that, the landlord can be dam sure someone on benefits will probably pay that plus a bit more for it.

If you paid people a higher amount of JSA etc. then they could choose how much to spend on housing themselves rather than be forced to spend the high amounts they do under housing benefit.

Housing benefit cuts do affect the landlord, the amount of money extractable from the 4.8 million peoples claiming HB is less.

Housing benefit should be abolished.

If you paid people a higher amount of JSA etc. then they could choose how much to spend on housing themselves rather than be forced to spend the high amounts they do under housing benefit.

Housing benefit cuts do affect the landlord, the amount of money extractable from the 4.8 million peoples claiming HB is less.

Housing benefit should be abolished.

of course its less, its a CUT, doesnt mean the landlord gets less tho, the people living there have to pay the excess

of course its less, its a CUT, doesnt mean the landlord gets less tho, the people living there have to pay the excess

They don't pay extra, they pay whatever the rate of housing benefit is.

You don't waste your food money on housing, you spend it on food, and you don't have enough to pay the ridiculously sky high rent, so the rent is lowered to something affordable, i.e. housing benefit level.

Workers are forced to pay more rent as they have to match housing benefit levels.

Rents rising 7% in council properties this year, its an upward pressure, its not needed.

they do though, if the rent is above the level of housing benefit then the tenant has to pay the extra from other income/savings

They can't afford to, so the rent must be reduced.

The landlord might not be able to pay his mortgage, who gives a flying F.

Bankrupt them and while were at it, increase the length of bankruptcy back up to 7 years rather than the paltry 12 months it is now.

Let the bank sell the property at a loss and bear the brunt of the loss as punishment for immoral lending.

Archived