What you miss about the UK

Morts

Just been back to the UK for a couple of weeks.

One parking ticket, one speeding ticket, twenty minutes waiting for a call centre to answer the phone and then cut off after five minutes, Direct Line losing previous mail and ceasing car insurance (only to be quickly reinstated once mistake admitted!), solicitor charging £240 for an hours consulatation,

Building Society-or bank as it is now called- not transferring funds on a Friday but holding onto funds until Monday and then taking 48 hours to action......the list goes on and on. But, heck, we had a great time.

Why is it we put up with absolutely useless service but somehow accept it all as part of life's rich tapestry!

And.. the best part-went to visit a sick mum in hospital and all the other visitors were Blades fans. Not too sure who was ill!

when I lived in Cyprus for a wile the things I mist most was Hendersons relish and the green un.

Miss the pubs more for their atmosphere than the bitter, but that's good too.

Miss the scenery, English food, good newspapers, good tv, even the weather as there are no seasons where I am and it only rains a few days a year :-/

Oh yeah, family and friends too

Good newspapers? Such as?:huh:

Archived