What you miss about the UK

Morts

Pubs have been mentioned a few times but not beer or is it just the pub atmosphere that is missed?

I certainly don't miss the beer, flat, no head, lousy taste. But yes I miss the pubs a bit and I miss dry cider too.

Other things include the obvious (mates and family), a decent Indian restaurant, Greno woods, nothing that would make me move back permanently though.

what about the footy ( or should that be soccer ), love or hate it you cant be unaffected by it in Sheffield.

I'll always love the Blades but I find Bayern Munich a more than adequate replacement in that department :).

Fish and Chips, Sheffield accents and quick wit. Public transportation, Hendersons, Porkshops, e.i.pork pies, pork sarnis, Roses custard slices.

Bacon, Gammon, Ham of the bones, Thorntons continental... Whitby,

Ecclesall Woods and bluebells, Hedgehogs.

I had some bulbs sent over and planted them in the Garden, they are flowering now, brilliant :thumbsup:

I'll always love the Blades but I find Bayern Munich a more than adequate replacement in that department :).

I had some bulbs sent over and planted them in the Garden, they are flowering now, brilliant :thumbsup:

Isn't that ilegal :D:D

Can't you still buy them and have them sent to you ?

Read both telegraphs online for free. Just not the same as the proper paper for me. Times - I won't pay for their online edition. Star - don't bother. Miss the weekend editions most with all the supplements

I don't think the wild bluebell native to Britain would survive our winters. But, they market a cultivated variety here, which I have planted in my garden. A bigger plant. Right now, the green shoots are up but it'll be a couple of weeks at least before they start flowering. Hyacinths just started to bloom.

No pubs where i live, well never seen any, some bars but without the atmosphere, i'm within walking distance to about six nice restaurants but no pubs in sight :)

Not many pubs around here too in Sheffield. What with the smoking ban, the price of pub beer, reduced public transport, especially late in the evening, and the current economic climate, pubs are falling like nine pins.

http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/yorkshire/sheffield.html

Apart from family and being able to meet up with old and new friends, there is nothing else that would attract me to Sheffield anymore.

I think growing up in Sheffield in the 60's with plenty of jobs and the music scene in those days were incredible, and I'm glad to have been around at that time, and have many happy memories of those good old days.

Archived