New DJ Weds at The Nelson Rock-Bar

Shaken up

Rockaoke is no more?

Seems an odd thing to do as it was always busy. Ever been in on a Monday? More staff than punters.

How long until it's only open Friday/Saturday I wonder?

I've never really been a fan of the rockaoke, but it fetched a crowd in and had a good atmosphere. Only reason we used to go out on a Wednesday.

If it ain't broke.....

I hear they have got a new DJ playing at The Nelson Rock-Bar

on a Weds now, wonder what he will be like.

Does anyone know DJ Col

Nice bit of self promotion for your bar there....

And you should know what he is like - you employed him.

Tbh, wherever Andy J sets up next a lot of the Wednesday crowd will go with him (assuming he gets booked to do the rockeoke on the same night ofc).

Whilst The Nelson is a good venue, it was Andy who gave it that x-factor that drew in pretty big crowds most Wednesday nights, and a lot of people are quite loyal to him.

Tbh, wherever Andy J sets up next a lot of the Wednesday crowd will go with him (assuming he gets booked to do the rockeoke on the same night ofc).

Whilst The Nelson is a good venue, it was Andy who gave it that x-factor that drew in pretty big crowds most Wednesday nights, and a lot of people are quite loyal to him.

I'm not loyal to him, but we only went in on Wednesday for the crowd and a laugh at the Rockaoke . Any idea why he left or where he's going?

He has just announced on facebook that he will still be doing karaoke on wednesday nights - at the casbah !!!

Nice to see the rock karaoke staying in a suitable venue.

I have also noticed that a fair few people who usually go to the sportsman, and then onto the nelson, are now staying in the sportsman for the entire night....

Looks like times, they are a changing folks...

Archived