New DJ Weds at The Nelson Rock-Bar

Shaken up

Well the Sportsman is is open until 1 or 2 so plenty of time, the smoking area is better than the Nelson as you have to trail upstairs and also the variety of music seems better.

You can more or less guess what will be played every Sat in the Nelson, but in the Sporty there seems to be a bit more emphasis on requests, so you get both classic and new Rock.

I have nothing against the Nelson but I think the DJ panders to a select few.

I know I could go upstairs in the Nelson but that's a bit to Nu rock metal so gets a bit boring.

• 1 month later...

That's the chance you take when you try to do a bit of crafty advertising on a public forum, the public bite back lol.

Might have been better off opening a topic and talking to his customers about what they want to see and hear before they've all drifted off to the sportsman

I just wanna put my twopennth in. just come back from anight out at the nelson and can say it was bloody brilliant!

the dj was an absolute star and i'll love him forever for playin my requests.

Also £1 for a bottle of carlsberg helped lol

walked in to Korn's wversion of word up and got talking to the rock guys sat in the corner (one v cute american) and spent the whole night talking to thm

music f'kin fab all night and still got an our at the Casbar for karoeoke witch was awesomne after they shut.

Best nite i've had for a long time sothere. i'me done xx

Well he has got 966 hits so far, and Thursday night saw a really good crowd in, then Saturday it was packed. So any comments gets the Name out there, so new people

turn-up. It's all good.!

Saturday has always been busy. I'll be honest, always liked The Nelson. Was a "must do" pub when I went out.

How are Wednesdays doing now, as I notice the thread is about that but thurs and Sat is all that's mentioned.

Saturday has always been busy. I'll be honest, always liked The Nelson. Was a "must do" pub when I went out.

How are Wednesdays doing now, as I notice the thread is about that but thurs and Sat is all that's mentioned.

Weds is starting to take off, with new people calling in and the old crowd coming back as DJ Mayhem has now got the Karaoke format all set up, with everyone getting a fair chance of singing.

Keep posting even if it's putting the Place down, as it gets the thread to the top of the listings, and people think Hey! lets call-in and see for ourselves.

Yes, it's true, I do have a full Karaoke set-up now, but it's only there if anyone actually asks for it.

It is not the main focus of the night.

The main focus being music the punters want.

Not themed nights or party nights, not one genre of music all flippin' night, just a good old (not THAT old lol) DJ who knows what he's doing. A bit of banter, a bit of frivolity and a lot of music.

So check it out and see for yourself. If it doesn't do what it says on the tin then there's always Andy at the Casbah.

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived