Help me identify my mystery object!

a carrier for cucumbers so posh people can have freshly made cucumber butties for all the guests when throwing impromptu garden parties in the middle of the moors ?

there will probably be a portable wicker windmill for grinding flour and a mobile wicker bakery to go with it ;)

Nope. I have one of those and they look completely different.;)

No that sounds about right. The bit that comes out of the gun is 88 mm dia. The casing is quite a bit bigger

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2c/88_mm_AT_shell_Wings_over_Wine_Country_2007.JPG/800px-88_mm_AT_shell_Wings_over_Wine_Country_2007.JPG

The wickerwork protects the cucumber roots in transit.

Whoaaa - I wouldn't like to be anywhere near that little b.... beastie when it detonated :wow:

what is the material between the metal canisters, looks like wood but my eyesight isn't what it was

Yep, it's wood.

They are mortar launchers as designed by the Womens Institute ;)

no, they are portable back-mounted, open-topped, wine-coolers.

(you just have to ensure that, if you are carrying them on your back, you don't stop short, or you'll end up with ice all down the back of your neck! :lol: )

I've never read such a load of rubbish in my life. The object is an eel basket. They are quite common in East Anglia where they are taken out in coracles (also made of basket ware)by eel fishermen to keep their catch fresh. The tubes are filled with water and there should be caps for each tube to stop the slithery little bounders from escaping.

It is in fact a plutonium smuggler,used by the Von-Trapp family during the second world war.They would load it up and hike across the Alps and when they saw the Germans,they would all drop down on a blanket and pretend to have a picnic!

This is a well known FACT................Or i might have made it up i can't remember.........?

It is in fact a plutonium smuggler,used by the Von-Trapp family during the second world war.They would load it up and hike across the Alps and when they saw the Germans,they would all drop down on a blanket and pretend to have a picnic!

This is a well known FACT................Or i might have made it up i can't remember.........?

Hmmm...

I wonder, how many retired nuns could you fit in each pipe?

Archived