Why do some folk leave washing on the line for days?

You'll be able to smell that before you unlock the door ! How long are you away for ?

I fear more for the strawberries I washed... Then left on the side as I rushed out the door!

Thank god I'm back tomorrow!

I'm just looking out of the window and it is pouring with rain. Two of my neighbours have washing hanging on the line and both have had it hanging there for 4 or 5 days now.

In that time several folks have lit barbeques or fire pits and filled the place with smoke. Dozens of birds have perched on the washing lines and left their calling cards. Now the washing is getting to be wetter than it was when it was hung out there.

I just wonder why people leave their washing hanging for days. Is there a secret that I've missed?

When I was young many people could not afford a wardrobe so they left the clothes on the line.I often watched the three sisters next door inch down the garden for various items-it was quite a sight(they were three spinsters past retirement age)

Archived