More Groupon Issues!

jamesogt

This is the third voucher I have had cancelled by Groupon!

Fancie, Graysons restaurant and now Medi Spa.

Why do these people sign up if they cant satisfy the demand they create, you would think in a recession they would be careful not to upset prospective customers, below is the e-mail from Medi Spa saying they are no longer honoring their voucher, but would I know like to book for half price, let me think......NO, I will go elsewhere. Peace and Light ;)

Please see attached,

check your bank or send in a request for the refund if its not happened yet, they will give you a refund just they wont be fast thats all.

so I offer individually clients 50% off swedish or aromatherapy for 1st time custom, a lot of groupon clients decided to take me up on this, as they are genuinely looking for healing and a therapist if you are, and would like to come to a fabulous place where the energy is positive. and light

see also my website apologies web site states if we do not answer the phone we are in with clients.

please can i have your addresses, yes we can do this thursday at 6.00pm thats the 28th April

please ensure you bring Cash on the day and also allow an extra 20 mns to find me i am tricky.

so aroma is normally £55.00 which will be £27.50

Swedish normally £50.00 £25.00

please look at my testimonials and we are just launching our spiritual retreat. Kundalini Yoga, Meditation.

kind regards clare

love and light x

This is the third voucher I have had cancelled by Groupon!

Fancie, Graysons restaurant and now Medi Spa.

Why do these people sign up if they cant satisfy the demand they create, you would think in a recession they would be careful not to upset prospective customers, below is the e-mail from Medi Spa saying they are no longer honoring their voucher, but would I know like to book for half price, let me think......NO, I will go elsewhere. Peace and Light ;)

Please see attached,

check your bank or send in a request for the refund if its not happened yet, they will give you a refund just they wont be fast thats all.

so I offer individually clients 50% off swedish or aromatherapy for 1st time custom, a lot of groupon clients decided to take me up on this, as they are genuinely looking for healing and a therapist if you are, and would like to come to a fabulous place where the energy is positive. and light

see also my website apologies web site states if we do not answer the phone we are in with clients.

please can i have your addresses, yes we can do this thursday at 6.00pm thats the 28th April

please ensure you bring Cash on the day and also allow an extra 20 mns to find me i am tricky.

so aroma is normally £55.00 which will be £27.50

Swedish normally £50.00 £25.00

please look at my testimonials and we are just launching our spiritual retreat. Kundalini Yoga, Meditation.

kind regards clare

love and light x

Disgraceful behaviour by Medi spa , also the email they are sending out to clients is a disgrace, very unprofessional! I don't bother with the vouchers anymore as they are usually a let down :(

• 2 weeks later...
Why do people use this company if they have such a bad reputation?

It is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. The companies don't fully realise the upsurge in business and Groupon want to sell as many vouchers as possible.

Todays deal for example is a pub in Stocksbridge offering 4 x 3 course Sunday lunch for £16. They have now sold over 850, the voucher is only valid on Sundays, so about 28 days before the voucher expires or an extra 120 covers per week for 6 months.

They also only get a percentage of the £16 meaning their actual income is closer to £12, or £1 a course. If you could serve the meal for £5 per person @ cost they are losing £2 per person or £8 per voucher on top of their increased staff costs it is going to cost them at least £6500. It is unrealistic to think they will make the money back on drinks alone.

I think it would be a safe bet that I get an email in a few days saying the deal has been pulled!

Actually it is negotiable, I got them down to 30%. If they signed up at 50% it will cost them even more than my estimate above!

Yes it used to be 30% when they started out and then they put it up to 50%, I have been told they may reduce it down to 30% due to competition!

Archived