More Groupon Issues!

jamesogt

Yes it used to be 30% when they started out and then they put it up to 50%, I have been told they may reduce it down to 30% due to competition!

Very rare will they do that though. Running our site I get quite alot of comments about certain companies. Quite interesting.

From the big boys, there are definately those that do it in the right way and those that just want the money.

From the deal today, if the people don't redeem their voucher then Groupon keeps the money. That way the pub gets a bad reputation and Groupon makes a mint. Groupon are fantastic at what they do when they do it right, but from the big multinationals I wouldn't say that they are the best at what they do. They just make the most money and are the most well known.

On our site we offer much better rates to the client and pay on every voucher sold. We also aren't afraid to cap a deal if needed. We want to make sure the company can handle the response if it is massive.

Luckily we are only 2 months old so we haven't needed to do this yet, but hopefully if we build in the right way and get our local name out there it will come.

If you pay for anything with VISA you can contact them for an instant refund (dont let them tell you otherwise), as its guaranteed.

I would do this before going to the company, but just tell VISA you have contacted groupon FIRST otherwise they will mess you about.

I've only ever heard bad things about Groupon vouchers and am now steering well clear.

I bought a voucher for a £29 hair appointment back in February and, upon ringing up, was told they couldn't fit me in until June. The very helpful and clearly stressed woman at the salon told me Groupon had sold twice the number of vouchers they'd originally agreed and they simply couldn't cope with the demand - hence the four-month wait for appointments.

Another friend bought a voucher for a massage and, upon trying to book, was told they weren't being honoured. If I ran a business I wouldn't go anywhere near Groupon, it just seems to lead to disappointing clients and bad publicity.

On our site we offer much better rates to the client and pay on every voucher sold. We also aren't afraid to cap a deal if needed. We want to make sure the company can handle the response if it is massive.

Luckily we are only 2 months old so we haven't needed to do this yet, but hopefully if we build in the right way and get our local name out there it will come.

But look at your deal today! Sold 1.

TODAY’S DEAL: £220 instead of £480 for Lasertag for up to 20 people – 54% saving @ Sheffield Laser Tag.

http://www.sheffielddealoftheday.co.uk/index.php/frontend/campaigns/recent_deals

I realise you are obviously much smaller but the offers are not really that attractive.

http://www.sheffielddealoftheday.co.uk/index.php/frontend/campaigns/recent_deals

I realise you are obviously much smaller but the offers are not really that attractive.

The deal today is a more expensive deal, so won't apply to everyone.

Likewise we ran a £10 La Stone Therapy massage last week which did great.

We are only 8 weeks old and doing things on a budget. We are just a small family company. Great feedback so far though.

Look at the weekly deal for a smaller price point and that will give a better indication on purchase numbers.

I think it will take them a while to get going as applies to any new business !

I'm finding it hard to understand why you continue to support a company that has already let you down several times :confused:

The deal today is a more expensive deal, so won't apply to everyone.

Likewise we ran a £10 La Stone Therapy massage last week which did great.

We are only 8 weeks old and doing things on a budget. We are just a small family company. Great feedback so far though.

Look at the weekly deal for a smaller price point and that will give a better indication on purchase numbers.

As a start up voucher company is a deal like this worth it (The laserquest)? Looking at the sales I would guess not. If you see Groupon or Living social it is always food and cinema deals that fly.

I'm finding it hard to understand why you continue to support a company that has already let you down several times :confused:

Because worst case the company looks poor in my opinion and I get my money back, best case I go and save a considerable amount of money.

I only moan because of the way the the vouchers are over sold or the company selling the vouchers under estimates the power of such deals.

Thankfully I've only had good experiences of Groupon. I've recently bought a KGB deal too - we shall see how that goes.

Keeping an eye on Sheffield Deal of the Day too.... be good to see them do well.

Absolutely, I think we'll know where we are after 6 months or so!

Archived