More Groupon Issues!

jamesogt

As a start up voucher company is a deal like this worth it (The laserquest)? Looking at the sales I would guess not. If you see Groupon or Living social it is always food and cinema deals that fly.

Because worst case the company looks poor in my opinion and I get my money back, best case I go and save a considerable amount of money.

I only moan because of the way the the vouchers are over sold or the company selling the vouchers under estimates the power of such deals.

We are trying to have all sorts of deals, not just food and beauty. The cinema deals (except the independent cinema deals) have all been done to attract new customers and for promotion. They actually bought 1000 cinema tickets and sold them at £1 when they launched.

We can't afford to do that. We started our company on £500 after spending 6 months unemployed. We are trying to do things in a different way and its working great so far. Every bit of money we make is going back into the company to try and improve it.

Groupon have at least 2 sales people in each area (I know they have had as many as 4), Livingsocial have 2 and a regional sales director in Sheffield, KGB have 2 or 3 at the moment.

We have me, and im also running accounts, admin, graphics, websites, social media, marketing et al.

The laser tag is a good deal, but not many people have 20 people to attend (The laser tag company needs to make a certain amount of money and people to run this deal) This is the same as driving lesson deals only apply to certain people and deals for families only apply to those with kids.

NOT every deal is good for every person, we have to have a wide amount of deals. We also can't rely on national deals just yet, so we have to deal with what we can get even though we are still pretty much unknown.

We rely on Sheffield businesses taking a leap of faith on a Sheffield business. There is no loss to the company as they never pay us a penny. Hopefully people will see this and put their deals through us.

Im enjoying what I do and i'm meeting some great people and providing some great savings.

Thankfully I've only had good experiences of Groupon. I've recently bought a KGB deal too - we shall see how that goes.

Keeping an eye on Sheffield Deal of the Day too.... be good to see them do well.

Groupon is great at getting people in for deals and great for exposure. KGB are also good and getting better the more known they become. I think out of the big boys Livingsocial are doing things in the right way and they aren't greedy.

Locally, i'd definately recommend http://www.sheffielddealoftheday.co.uk hehehhe

checked out your website dude, so its 'groupon' for sheffield right, or have i missed something?

Local deals by local people :hihi:

Yeah, we have a new website coming this month. We have just gone into partnership with 2 other local companies to help us grow. Don't worry, you haven't missed anything. All these kinds of companies say they are "Group Buying" websites which is crap. They are basically Daily Deal websites. Designed to get new customers through the door of local businesses and get a great deal for local people. Its free marketing for the companies and if they offer a good service they get repeat business.

Local deals by local people :hihi:

Yeah, we have a new website coming this month. We have just gone into partnership with 2 other local companies to help us grow. Don't worry, you haven't missed anything. All these kinds of companies say they are "Group Buying" websites which is crap. They are basically Daily Deal websites. Designed to get new customers through the door of local businesses and get a great deal for local people. Its free marketing for the companies and if they offer a good service they get repeat business.

Seems like you've done your homework, I think to compete with Groupon et al long term there has to be something different on offer.

With it being super local I think you have a big advantage over the big boys IMO. I will be supporting. Good luck:)

Seems like you've done your homework, I think to compete with Groupon et al long term there has to be something different on offer.

With it being super local I think you have a big advantage over the big boys IMO. I will be supporting. Good luck:)

We have a few plans in place try try and get that "SHEFFIELD" feel. We are also planning to move into other cities but keep it local still....... We always welcome ideas, we have been actively encouraging it on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/sheffielddealoftheday

Thanks for your support :)

No problem. 'Liked' your page! I think multiple deals, catering for different demographics of people every day would be good, quite often I would like certain deals but have to wait with Groupon as they only do one a day.

No problem. 'Liked' your page! I think multiple deals, catering for different demographics of people every day would be good, quite often I would like certain deals but have to wait with Groupon as they only do one a day.

Thank you :o)

I would love multiple deals, we just don't have the man power currently to do it. Thats why I take suggestions, as people want bowling deals, I can then approach bowling alleys etc.....

We are trying to get a broad range and also lots of family deals on. So we have had stuff like a Man with a Van, Rock Climbing, Kids soft play areas & the normal hair, beauty and foods deals which is the bread and butter.

Just a question on this, what kind of deals are you looking for?

We have asked the question a few times on facebook and have always gone out to try and get the deals that people want.

Archived