More Groupon Issues!

jamesogt

Just a question on this, what kind of deals are you looking for?

We have asked the question a few times on facebook and have always gone out to try and get the deals that people want.

I use groupon regularly - only been cancelled once, and that was when the restaurant closed down! Too little too late?

I only buy bar deals and restaurant deals - I'd never spend more than £15 on a deal, in case it went belly up! Have to watch your back online, after all...

I use groupon regularly - only been cancelled once, and that was when the restaurant closed down! Too little too late?

I only buy bar deals and restaurant deals - I'd never spend more than £15 on a deal, in case it went belly up! Have to watch your back online, after all...

Good to know, luckily we are only using paypal so I believe you are fully covered with that.

We have a new website coming soon, which will hopefully improve how we do things. We are still only 3/4 months old, but we are doing well so far.

Good to know, luckily we are only using paypal so I believe you are fully covered with that.

We have a new website coming soon, which will hopefully improve how we do things. We are still only 3/4 months old, but we are doing well so far.

I am unsure that paypal really offers much cover - It doesn't if you are shafted on ebay, for instance...

What is Groupon?

It's a website where companies sell vouchers - for example, a restaurant might have a voucher on and be asking for £10, but the voucher would buy £25 worth of food... They only have one offer per city a day though, some like KGB have quite a few...

I am unsure that paypal really offers much cover - It doesn't if you are shafted on ebay, for instance...

Right, gotcha. I always thought there was a complete buyer protection scheme (as a user) but i've never had to use it so was probably me being presumptuous.

Never used any of these sites and I must admit I'd never even consider it - the whole thing smacks of those vouchers you used to get given away for a weekend break and when you read the small print you had to go on a weekend in November when it was wet and buy a 25 course meal etc etc. Just don't see the attraction at all.

Never used any of these sites and I must admit I'd never even consider it - the whole thing smacks of those vouchers you used to get given away for a weekend break and when you read the small print you had to go on a weekend in November when it was wet and buy a 25 course meal etc etc. Just don't see the attraction at all.

I think you miss the point a little, but you are right with some companies.

The idea for the business is to get footfall and more people through the door. Some companies use it as a tool to fill quiet days, so restaurants may use Sun - Thurs. The majority of the deals we have run have had no such clauses, but we always go with what the company are happy with.

I'd always recommend checking the fine print though. These deals aren't for everyone, but I have taken advantage of some great deals including a full car valet, meals out and tomorrow i'll be buying the deal if I get the go ahead today as it will save me loads on meals out!

It's a website where companies sell vouchers - for example, a restaurant might have a voucher on and be asking for £10, but the voucher would buy £25 worth of food... They only have one offer per city a day though, some like KGB have quite a few...

I signed up, let's see what they offer me :)

Archived