More Groupon Issues!

jamesogt

Never used any of these sites and I must admit I'd never even consider it - the whole thing smacks of those vouchers you used to get given away for a weekend break and when you read the small print you had to go on a weekend in November when it was wet and buy a 25 course meal etc etc. Just don't see the attraction at all.

Some are quite good offers. The Sakushi restaurant offer worked out about 60% off. Seeing as we already go there, it was a bargain.

We've had 3 offers cancelled now though. It's been relatively pain free to get the cash back, but it's still a pain.

The iPhone app for groupon is quite good. You can see the offers for your area and also any area you may be visiting in 2 or 3 clicks.

Never used any of these sites and I must admit I'd never even consider it - the whole thing smacks of those vouchers you used to get given away for a weekend break and when you read the small print you had to go on a weekend in November when it was wet and buy a 25 course meal etc etc. Just don't see the attraction at all.

That's the main difference though - these aren't free vouchers with too many exclusion clauses, you buy them and the small print is writ loud and clear at time of purchase... If you looked into it a little more, you may see the attraction... Don't go running away with the idea that these are freebie coupons that are limited in how they can be used...

Very rare will they do that though. Running our site I get quite alot of comments about certain companies. Quite interesting.

From the big boys, there are definately those that do it in the right way and those that just want the money.

From the deal today, if the people don't redeem their voucher then Groupon keeps the money. That way the pub gets a bad reputation and Groupon makes a mint. Groupon are fantastic at what they do when they do it right, but from the big multinationals I wouldn't say that they are the best at what they do. They just make the most money and are the most well known.

On our site we offer much better rates to the client and pay on every voucher sold. We also aren't afraid to cap a deal if needed. We want to make sure the company can handle the response if it is massive.

Luckily we are only 2 months old so we haven't needed to do this yet, but hopefully if we build in the right way and get our local name out there it will come.

What's your company called?

We are giving an extra 10% discount today only on the site.

Enter the code "fathersday" to get it. The discount shows after your payment has gone through.

We have 5 deals live today:

Paintball

Feet Fish Eating with pedicure

Pony Party

Hypnotherapy CD

Night away with entertainment & Meals!

Come and grab a bargain http://www.sheffielddealoftheday.co.uk

Archived