More Groupon Issues!

jamesogt

This is the third voucher I have had cancelled by Groupon!

Fancie, Graysons restaurant and now Medi Spa.

Why do these people sign up if they cant satisfy the demand they create, you would think in a recession they would be careful not to upset prospective customers, below is the e-mail from Medi Spa saying they are no longer honoring their voucher, but would I know like to book for half price, let me think......NO, I will go elsewhere. Peace and Light ;)

Please see attached,

check your bank or send in a request for the refund if its not happened yet, they will give you a refund just they wont be fast thats all.

so I offer individually clients 50% off swedish or aromatherapy for 1st time custom, a lot of groupon clients decided to take me up on this, as they are genuinely looking for healing and a therapist if you are, and would like to come to a fabulous place where the energy is positive. and light

see also my website apologies web site states if we do not answer the phone we are in with clients.

please can i have your addresses, yes we can do this thursday at 6.00pm thats the 28th April

please ensure you bring Cash on the day and also allow an extra 20 mns to find me i am tricky.

so aroma is normally £55.00 which will be £27.50

Swedish normally £50.00 £25.00

please look at my testimonials and we are just launching our spiritual retreat. Kundalini Yoga, Meditation.

kind regards clare

love and light x

Medi Spa signed up for somthing like 300 clients over 6 months - Groupon sold 6000 - Not Medi Spa at fault!

Medi Spa signed up for somthing like 300 clients over 6 months - Groupon sold 6000 - Not Medi Spa at fault!

You don't sign up for a certain amount of clients, it doesn't work like that. Groupon run the deal for 24 hrs and its however many vouchers they sell in the 24hrs, if you want to pull the deal at any time you can of course contact Groupon to stop it :)

I'm aware that Medi Spa did before it was run

They can't have set a limit. I have worked with Groupon and it is all part of the negotiation. The more you are willing to sell the lower their commission.

Groupon never sold 6000 of the one deal for Sheffield that I purchased.

You don't sign up for a certain amount of clients, it doesn't work like that. Groupon run the deal for 24 hrs and its however many vouchers they sell in the 24hrs, if you want to pull the deal at any time you can of course contact Groupon to stop it :)

Exactly and it seems they bit off more than they could handle.

I went to the Wagon and Horses this week that sold 1200 Sunday lunch vouchers 4x3 course meals for £16 and it was excellent value.

I think it would be a safe bet that I get an email in a few days saying the deal has been pulled!

I therefore take this back!

This isn't Groupon's fault though - it's the fault of the company that offers its services. If the spa (for example) is charging 10 quid for a treatment that normally costs 100 quid then it's pretty obvious they're going to get quite a few people buying the deal. Therefore it's not Groupon's fault that the spa didn't prepare itself and couldn't accommodate this many people

Can I just add, Groupon do actually have the option to cap any deal that they do. A few of my clients had requested this, or asked that no more than say 400 were sold.

That is why you will often see deals closing half way through the day when they reach their limit.

In my opinion, Groupon do have a care of duty to that business, they are the ones that know roughly how many they sell. A key question, (That I know is often asked by at least one of their big multinational competitors) is how many can you handle, or what is your limit.

I saw a lady on her own doing massage on another site. The deal sold for £9, she would make under £4.50 of this. They sold over 500.

That was take her over 3 months to do working flat out, for no money (working on their commissions etc...)

That could put that business our of business.

Larger clients can obviously cope with this.

Sometimes it isnt the company its the individual sales person. Not all sales people have scruples!

Archived