Le nouveau pauvre

There's no need to get touchy just because I pointed out something that provides evidence that people generally refer to gross salaries.

Its OK -I think you are great fun and your evidence is hardly comprehensive.I take it you like the job!

Its OK -I think you are great fun and your evidence is hardly comprehensive.I take it you like the job!

Not comprehensive no but a lot more so than anything you've come up with to support your view.

Not comprehensive no but a lot more so than anything you've come up with to support your view.

I do not have a view to support and I am not having any agenda set by yourself.I notice that you have given up defending your flimsy figures.The article shows that the two earners received seperate salaries making their joint tax even lower further undermining your figures.The woman paid tax of £2,000,the man about £8000 leaving £50000 pa or over £4000 pcm.

I do not have a view to support and I am not having any agenda set by yourself.I notice that you have given up defending your flimsy figures.

What flimsy figures? The only figure I mentioned was in this post and that was when pointing out that the OP did not make any reference to a net salary.

My wife and I in retirement have a very good income but we pay a lot in taxes because we have no write offs any more. We also have to draw out money from various funds to pay additional taxes which were originally tax deferred at time of deposit. The current rate of interest on savings and other kinds of deposits is lousy at the moment also and this does not completely recuperate the amounts withdrawn by the end of the year

Children, could you please pick up your rattles , get back in your prams and get back on topic:D

As the topic did not pose a question to discuss some improvisation was needed.Next time choose a more stimulating issue,please daddy!

I can believe that a couple making a combined income of 69 thou a year might have difficulty saving for a house deposit.

Obviously they dont want to settle for a house that once belonged to the council and are looking for something a little more upmarket but with the price of houses in England 69 thou isn't all that big a deal as far as a good income is concerned

Archived