Browns - Sheffield

Claret

Just eaten there and I am very impressed. The decor and ambience are wonderful, the food and service impeccable. For six of us including drinks £108 (they add 10 per cent gratuity to the bill which is a bit naughty).

Will be back deffo.

I've only been to the Brown's in Oxford so have no other experience of it as a chain (although a friend has had bad experiences at the Leeds and Manchester branches). Been twice to the one here in Sheffield. First time ate for free on a test run night, and the second time as a paying guest, yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. Really enjoyed it both times...food was lovely (gorgeous scallops and lamb 1st time, yummy belly pork the 2nd); wine was good and the service was seriously outstanding. Would especially recommend Sunday afternoon...a nice, friendly relaxed vibe with the piano tinkling in the background. Very pleasant.

The menu is traditional British with a modern twist. Looking forward to working my way through it.

I tend to use local restaurants around where I live but I also I like having a Brown's in town - I hope it does well.

Checked out the menu, looks similar (ish) to Ha Ha Bar, I wonder what the mark up is on some of this food? No doubt £4 pint a pint as well, might even still go sometime as its new

My Mum and her mate went for a drink Saturday, a pint and a gin and tonic, £8.95. £5 for the G&T and £3.95 a pint. Apparantly they only sell gin in doubles?

Not been but this sounds like a good addition for Sheffield, particularly the city centre. The one in Leeds is always busy and good, although very over priced. Been to bristol and bath ones too which were also good.

Anyone tried Browns yet?

It's where Ha Ha Bar used to be.

Menu looks dull and overpriced - am I right?

There are many different menus, you know... Should you be interested to pop in and ask one of the very friendly team members, you'd be surprised about the offers and the quality of the food & service. ;)

Archived