Browns - Sheffield

Claret

The HAHA bar was a terrible place to eat. I hope Browns have replaced the staff responsible for defrosting and reheating the overpriced poor quality food!

I found HaHa really variable. Had some great meals in there, and some terrible ones too. :|

went there last night. food was delicious. staff were friendly and helpful. Bar was a bit expensive IMO (over £4 for a pint of peroni) and was a bit disappointed with the piano player (he finished at 8 and the piano carried on playing itself! made me laugh).

We ate upstairs as downstairs had some fairly motley characters getting stuck into the beer, upstairs was lovely. Enough space between tables to feel private, open airy and light at the same time as being quite intimate. I think they've done a really good job, would defo go again, probably only as pay day treats tho :)

Visiting friends in Cambridge at the weekend, I went into the Brown's there - as people have said, wasn't cheap, wasn't highly original but all the food was really really good. But what made it seem good was we genuinely received some of the best customer service we ever had. It was really busy but our guy was sooo on the ball and still so funny.

So, in all fairness, when we try our new local Brown's, they've got a bit to live up to!

We went on one of the test nights. It's a lovely atmosphere and the staff are great, but as we told them on the night, we would NEVER pay their prices for the food we were served. I just went for a burger and it was bland and overcooked, I couldn't even finish it (which for me is very rare!). Someone else had a kind of cheesy/parma ham-y chicken thing and it was dry as a bone. We had some of the sharing platters to start which were much better and we did enjoy but over priced for what is all probably ready-prepared stuff they have to either fry or spoon out onto a plate. So many better independent places to try in Sheffield.

Finally made it here myself for lunch. It was ok. Nothing more, nothing less. Had the wild boar and chorizo burger - couldn't really taste the chorizo, but the chips it came with were good.

Also had cookies and cream cheesecake. Again - it was ok.

There are better places in town and I probably won't be back.

Archived