Suspended From work

Hi everyone,

I was suspended from work last week on full pay while an investigation is being arranged. It was Gross-misconduct if I remember her saying.

My Manager suspended me because I reacted to her insult! I went to see her about a work related issue which she should sort out, and she was very unpleasant and said angrily "...use your brains..." I found that very insulting (as I have always been a competent person), I replied instantly without thinking and said "Do not <REMOVED> insult me", me and her never got on well for almost 3 years I have worked for this company.

Any feedback on what do you think will come out of this would be much appreciated guys.

Hi Malky,

The incident was not witnessed as far as I can tell, but I have heard that she came out of her office after, and she asked for witnesses, now I can't get intouch with anyone, was told not to contact my colleagues, the way she is "a Bully" she may have found some who could be witnesses. I am a bit stuck!

Hi Malky,

The incident was not witnessed as far as I can tell, but I have heard that she came out of her office after, and she asked for witnesses, now I can't get intouch with anyone, was told not to contact my colleagues, the way she is "a Bully" she may have found some who could be witnesses. I am a bit stuck!

contact your colleagues, get people on your side otherwise your going to be made the scapegoat by this individual.

Hi Malky,

So she is allowed to ask for witnesses but you aren’t’ …….. typical.. What is your relationship like with others in the office ……. Are they likely to stitch you up?

All this should have been confirmed to you in writing.

I would seek advice. There are places that will help you for free. Make sure you make a note of anything that happens and who you think she asked to be witnesses.

So she is allowed to ask for witnesses but you aren’t’ …….. typical.. What is your relationship like with others in the office ……. Are they likely to stitch you up?

It is really furstrating, I am having sleepless nights, the way I see it is that she will get some poodels on her side I am sure, am also positive she will be backed by senior managememnt, there is favouritism in our repair centre.

Lets hope they have the guts to tell what she is like i presume they will be interviewed ,the other workforce i mean not the management.. Dont contact any of your workmates it could be seen as conspiring against her.If i were you i would sit and write things down that you remember and make a case against her.

Archived