Suspended From work

the outcome looks Bleak after reading all the feedback from the posters on here, I will go to the hearing and tell it as it is and see if the investigator has a bit of a common sense and hope he is not biased (chances are he will be), and perhaps swallow the decision and try and move on somehow though difficult this will be. I just want to know weather I can negociate if dismissed? as in would I be given the option to resign? and what are my chances of me getting a good reference for my future job? is this something I can negociate?

the outcome looks Bleak after reading all the feedback from the posters on here, I will go to the hearing and tell it as it is and see if the investigator has a bit of a common sense and hope he is not biased (chances are he will be), and perhaps swallow the decision and try and move on somehow though difficult this will be. I just want to know weather I can negociate if dismissed? as in would I be given the option to resign? and what are my chances of me getting a good reference for my future job? is this something I can negociate?

Hey good luck at the hearing. I've read many of the posts on here and you have been given some good and some bad advice. It is up to you to decide which is which.

Just be aware that swearing at a supervisor/manager may be regarded as gross missconduct. If it is it will be written into the company's policy. The fact that you were suspended suggests that it is.

Should you win through at your hearing you will need to work with the manager again, so slagging them off is going to make your position untenable. A managers word will always be accepted above yours.

Whilst swearing may be a marginal point for dismissal, telling lies at a hearing isn't. And telling lies at a subsequent tribunal could be a criminal offence.

My only advice is to eat a bit of humble pie. Point out previous good conduct and claim it was a one off event for which you are deeply sorry.

Good luck.

Guys, i want to thank you all for your help, keep discussing the issue, it does help me, it is a well appreciated support.

What you won't get of me is "lies", I do have my integrity and my dignity, you might think I don't, because of me swearing at my Manager, I do regreat in hindsight. Although "use your mind" is a very insulting to me, and she may recognise it is a stupid mistake she made because she always commented on my brilliant work, and was told I am very clever as individual, I am not going to be arrogant about it, but I am academically a lot more qualified that she is by miles.

In the hearing, I will say it as it is, and if the investigator(s) has a bit of common sense and logic, they may see things in perspective and weigh the situation accordingly, the Manager is evil in my mind (not to excuse my reaction). She lied in the past and she won't get me doing the same, I commen sense will eventually prevail, emerging from this victoriouse or destroyed will only make me stronger and dignified, I'd rather stick with my dignity intact, and let Karma do its tric.

Hi harddy.A colleague of mine was suspended fairly recently for the exact same as you,she was insulted by our boss,swore at him,was suspended pending an investigation,owned up to swearing saying she was so angy at the insult and recieved a Written warning.Workwise they are still building bridges with a long way to go but at least they arnt ignoring each other....ps we work for a huge worldwide company...hope this helps and good luck..:|

Hi harddy.A colleague of mine was suspended fairly recently for the exact same as you,she was insulted by our boss,swore at him,was suspended pending an investigation,owned up to swearing saying she was so angy at the insult and recieved a Written warning.Workwise they are still building bridges with a long way to go but at least they arnt ignoring each other....ps we work for a huge worldwide company...hope this helps and good luck..:|

Hi OwlsChick, thank you, it certainly helps, so similar to my situation.

Hope the investigator is not biased, chances are he will be, I know this for fact.

I do regreat I didn't resign earlier, I thought about quitting long ago shame I didn't do it, now I will have to suffer the consequences of perhaps being dismissed and bad references for future Jobs.

I do regreat I didn't resign earlier, I thought about quitting long ago shame I didn't do it, now I will have to suffer the consequences of perhaps being dismissed and bad references for future Jobs.

You sound like you have already made your mind up, if that’s the case go to the enquiry and state you are not admitting any guilt but you think it would be best if you resigned, state that you wont be taking the matter any further if they are willing to give you a reference reflecting your time with the company up to the alleged incident.

You sound like you have already made your mind up, if that’s the case go to the enquiry and state you are not admitting any guilt but you think it would be best if you resigned, state that you wont be taking the matter any further if they are willing to give you a reference reflecting your time with the company up to the alleged incident.

Thank you Malky, how would I know they won't screw me up, they may promise to provide good references, but I won't know about that when the potential future employer contacts them and ask them to provide one!

Thank you Malky, how would I know they won't screw me up, they may promise to provide good references, but I won't know about that when the potential future employer contacts them and ask them to provide one!

That’s where you need some” legal “advice and something in writing, I know of someone that was made redundant ( unfairly in their opinion ) , rather than go through a legal case the employer agreed to something along the lines I suggested.

They gave a enhanced package and a good reference he agreed not to take it further.

Archived