Does anyone know William Henry Twigg?

Hi all. My sister in law and her brother would love to meet their dad again, after almost 2 decades. He was born in Sheffield on 24th April 1954. So given the date they'd also like to wish him a happy 57th birthday today too.

He has two wonderful grandsons and a beautiful grandaughter whom he has never met.

If anyone knows of him could you let him know his children are looking for him and would love to hear from him. Thanks everyone. X

Hi - I just looked on the electoral roll for 2004. Of the seven people listed in the UK with the name William H. Twigg, only one is in the Sheffield area, so it may possibly be the right person. I have PM'd the S8 address to you. Good luck!.:)

To Hillsbro and BASically. Ive had PM's today from both of you giving me the same address. I so hope it could be him. It would be marvellous for my sister-in-law and her brother. BASically- your information was from the 2002 electoral register and hillsbro- your information was from the 2004 electoral roll. Can anyone tell me how I access more recent electoral rolls???

Also on a further note Ive got friends who were raised near to the address youve both given me, and when I mentioned it to them today in passing, they both recognised the name and mentioned some more Twiggs who lived very close by. Ive found one of those "other" Twiggs on facebook and messaged her.

Its exciting but it could of course be someone different however we could be cooking with gas......Thanks to Both of you we could be one step closer.

Does the eletoral register show a date of birth because we know it would be his 57th birthday TODAY!!!

...Can anyone tell me how I access more recent electoral rolls?...

Access to indexed electoral rolls up to this year is provided by the pay-to-view site www.192.com. This site is run by the firm that supplied my CD with the indexed 2004 electoral roll - but they stopped selling the CDs after the 2004 one.

Local authorities and libraries hold electoral rolls but these are not indexed by name. However, if you want to check who lives at a certain address (such as the one I gave you) on the current roll then it should be possible to do this by visiting Sheffield City Council's Electoral Registrations Office - Tel 0114 273 4093. The Local Studies Library have previous electoral rolls.

Does the eletoral register show a date of birth because we know it would be his 57th birthday TODAY!!!
No - it just lists all people aged over 18 who have registered to vote in the area.

Well I gave the info to my sister in law and she couldnt resist the urge, so she popped by the address but unfortunatly it wasent her dad. Shes still very eager to find him so we'll plod on. I believe I've heard for a fee the salvation army will help you trace people is this correct??

Thanks so much for your effort to all of you, it was definitely worth a punt.

Archived