Why do people who made a lot of money under Labour criticise them so much?

The thread should be about their economic record but restrictions in the number of characters allowed meant a smaller than would have preferred title.

I was in work the other day, in an office I’ve only been in for a few weeks when another member of staff made a very vocal comment about Gordon Browns new role and his lack of suitability for the post.

The person who made the comment is around late thirties to early forties and he outwardly appears to be doing very well for himself, with expensive clothes, car and property.

I resisted the temptation to ask him how well he’d done under Labour and instead suggested that there must be only myself and another chap that had done ok out of them.

When presented with this response he quickly stopped discussing the subject and we all returned to our work.

This got me thinking of people on here and I’m convinced that most of the people who complain about Labour, are people who did very well under them and who if anything should be thankful to them.

I can perfectly understand people who haven’t seen much improvement in their lives whilst Labour were in power complaining, but should people who made a fair amount of money out of them be so critical of their economic record.

The thread should be about their economic record but restrictions in the number of characters allowed meant a smaller than would have preferred title.

I was in work the other day, in an office I’ve only been in for a few weeks when another member of staff made a very vocal comment about Gordon Browns new role and his lack of suitability for the post.

The person who made the comment is around late thirties to early forties and he outwardly appears to be doing very well for himself, with expensive clothes, car and property.

I resisted the temptation to ask him how well he’d done under Labour and instead suggested that there must be only myself and another chap that had done ok out of them.

When presented with this response he quickly stopped discussing the subject and we all returned to our work.

This got me thinking of people on here and I’m convinced that most of the people who complain about Labour, are people who did very well under them and who if anything should be thankful to them.

I can perfectly understand people who haven’t seen much improvement in their lives whilst Labour were in power complaining, but should people who made a fair amount of money out of them be so critical of their economic record.

so youre sayng the only reason this person has such wealth is becasue of the labour government led by tony blair and gordon brown and he should show some gratatude for allowing him to feast upon the wealth debt they created.

so youre sayng the only reason this person has such wealth is becasue of the labour government led by tony blair and gordon brown and he should show some gratatude for allowing him to feast upon the wealth debt they created.

I'm not actually sure why anyone who is making a lot of money should be complaining about the economic record of whoever is in power.

If I do well under this wretched Government then I'll hold my hand up and admit it, for some reason others seem unable to do this.

I imagine lots of people will have done well out of the PFI schemes the Labour government initiated. Some of them might even realise that PFI means paying over the odds for the things the schemes provide and we all will have to be pay it back over the coming years.

I imagine lots of people will have done well out of the PFI schemes the Labour government initiated. Some of them might even realise that PFI means paying over the odds for the things the schemes provide and we all will have to be pay it back over the coming years.

Staying on topic, if the individual has made a lot of money whilst Labour were in power, should they complain about their economic record?

The thread should be about their economic record

As I run my own business, any money or success I've had is down to me, not Gordon Brown. In fact, given that most of my competition is now based in India and NuLabia's record of embracing globalism, I'd say they hindered me, rather than helped.

As Spike Milligan once said in an awards acceptance speech, "I did this all myself with no help from anyone".

I don't claim any benefits, so how have they helped me there?

"Employment legislation is strangling small businesses"

Does that help me? No.

Between 1999 and 2007 house prices have shot up in the biggest housing bubble in UK history. How did that help me? And how did it help those who signed themselves up to a lifetime of debt servitude in order to "get onto the ladder".

I tell you what, why don't we ask Gordon "I will not let house prices get out of control" Brown?

In his 1997 Budget speech, Gordon Brown said, “I will not allow house prices to get out of control and put at risk the sustainability of the future”. He went on to say that he did not want a return to ”instability, speculation and negative equity” of the 1980’s and 1990’s.

LINK

What a berk!

I'm a saver. Interest rates under NuLabia went from positive (higher than the rate of inflation) to negative. Anyone earning say 1% or 2% in today's 4/5% inflation environment is losing money every day. Thankfully I buy gold, something Gordon Brown sold off at the low of the low prices, costing the UK billions.

Gold hits all-time high of $1,500 an ounce (which means the amount Gordon flogged for £2bn would today fetch £13 BILLION)

(What an economic "genius" :rolleyes: )

Secondly, any money I made by my own efforts has to be offset against my increased share of the massively swollen national debt, currently £200,000 just for those born this year.

What NuLabia failed to understand is this: Debt is not Wealth.

As I run my own business, any money or success I've had is down to me, not Gordon Brown. In fact, given that most of my competition is now based in India and NuLabia's record of embracing globalism, I'd say they hindered me, rather than helped.

As Spike Milligan once said in an awards acceptance speech, "I did this all myself with no help from anyone".

I don't claim any benefits, so how have they helped me there?

"Employment legislation is strangling small businesses"

Does that help me? No.

Between 1999 and 2007 house prices have shot up in the biggest housing bubble in UK history. How did that help me? And how did it help those who signed themselves up to a lifetime of debt servitude in order to "get onto the ladder".

I tell you what, why don't we ask Gordon "I will not let house prices get out of control" Brown?

LINK

What a berk!

I'm a saver. Interest rates under NuLabia went from positive (higher than the rate of inflation) to negative. Anyone earning say 1% or 2% in today's 4/5% inflation environment is losing money every day. Thankfully I buy gold, something Gordon Brown sold off at the low of the low prices, costing the UK billions.

Gold hits all-time high of $1,500 an ounce (which means the amount Gordon flogged for £2bn would today fetch £13 BILLION)

(What an economic "genius" :rolleyes: )

Secondly, any money I made by my own efforts has to be offset against my increased share of the massively swollen national debt, currently £200,000 just for those born this year.

What NuLabia failed to understand is this: Debt is not Wealth.

So let me get this straight, if you've made a load of money under Labour and you make less under this wretched Government you'd still rather have the wretched Government.

It doesn't really make any sense to be honest!

Archived