Do You Barter In Shops??

Do it everywhere, you are in control they need your money more than you need their product unless they are the sole supplier in the World :hihi:

The best tip I can give you is 'Persistence breaks down resistance'.;)

Even in the drive-thru at KFC? (yuck), I don't imagine the drivers behind you would appreciate it!

Im off to Turkey in a couple of weeks, you are expected to haggle there....

they're the worst, the Middle Easterners not just Turks but also Arabs and Iranians and North Africans. They just LOVE to bargain. If they like you they actually WANT to bargain with you. They'll sit you down, offer you tea and maybe even food. But they don't like it if and when you say 'hey now I've thought about it and I don't want to do the deal at all, not at any price'. That is guaranteed to get a bad reaction. They'll try to make you feel as if you've rejected their hospitality, instead of having had the opportunity to assess the services they were selling and deciding you didn't want to know.

bargaining happens elsewhere, but when it does, it's usually short and sharp. Offer, counter-offer, and resolution. Everyone wants to be quick. Only Middle Easterners make a 2 day snooker match sport of it. It's time consuming and not all that entertaining.

The best place do do it! Puts them (KFC management) under huge pressure if you refuse to move until they give you a discount.

you pay for the food in ADVANCE in those sorts of places. Otherwise, you won't get your hands on it. Prices are not negotiable unless you are buying food for more than about 20 people, and you take the trouble to talk to the manager first.

Archived