Is anyone else looking forward to the Royal Wedding?

It must be very galling for the republicans to see how much interest there is around the world in the wedding. I've seen reports that at least 1/4 of the world's population will watch the event on TV and hundreds of world leaders and A list celebrities will be coming to London as gusts and many more just to be here.

With estimates of the event generating £700 million in trade and creating hundreds of jobs it is also good for the economy. I doubt there is a decent hotel room to be had in London.

I hope it will be a nice day as I've been invited to a street party and have bought a new hat. I'm really looking forward to it all.

that means 3/4 won't:hihi::hihi:

I am actually looking forward to watching the Royal Wedding

cant wait to see the dress ....... I just hope its a nice sunny day and I will be enjoying the day off work :)

not interested in the dress - looking forward to the household cavalry, royal marines and R.A.F all marching, and hope that anyone who tries to disrupt it gets battered to death by the police and their dogs :)

That's odd because most reports say that the viewing figures are unlikely to match those of Charles and Di's wedding (750 million) despite more people now having access to television and internet.John X

once again you're talking complete crap. You haven't got the slightest comprehension as to how much the world has moved on re communications in the past thirty years. This is an email I got from somebody I know in Manila.

all television and AM radio networks here will be airing the royal wedding on Friday. The ones who got the exclusive coverage will air it live, the others got permission from BBC to air it via cable, live also, and the rest of the networks (who did not get permission to air it live) will air the royal wedding as "news update" all day. I believe almost all programs of all networks are suspended in favor of the wedding on Friday. Ha ha. Nice. You can really count on our media for sensationalism. I guess almost 80% of the 90 million Filipinos who own a television set will have no choice but to tune in to the wedding of the century. And for those at work, globe, smart and sun are offering text updates or mobile surfing (your choice) --- as they happen, a.k.a. live ---- for a fee. How's that? The television and cellular phone networks will definitely earn big bucks from this event. I love being a Filipino.

How many of the much lesser number than todays 90 million Filipinos do you think had the opportunity to follow this news story thirty years ago?

You haven't got the slightest comprehension as to how much the world has moved on re communications in the past thirty years.

How many of the much lesser number than todays 90 million Filipinos do you think had the opportunity to follow this news story thirty years ago?

Your reply makes no sense at all! :confused:

John X

for me this shows how amazingly successful a brand the UK monarchy is. The Philippines is a Catholic country with no links at all to the UK and whose former coloniser, Spain, has a monarchy of its own, whose princes and princesses get married same as UK ones do, only nobody in the Philippines is the slightest bit interested, and these events are not televised.

UK 1 Rest of the World 0

not interested in the dress - looking forward to the household cavalry, royal marines and R.A.F all marching, and hope that anyone who tries to disrupt it gets battered to death by the police and their dogs :)

I am looking forward to that too :)

infact I am looking forward to all the pomp and ceremony ................ bring it on :)

"cant wait to see the dress ....... I just hope its a nice sunny day and I will be enjoying the day off work " are you for real ? YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE !!

This has to be a wind up post ! Ha Ha !

So having a life is constantly telling others to get one is it? You're so not bothered you spend time on a forum telling people how you're so not bothered.

Give it a rest, we all know you'll be watching avidly, while at the same time telling everyone how you're "so not bothered".

once again you're talking complete crap. You haven't got the slightest comprehension as to how much the world has moved on re communications in the past thirty years. This is an email I got from somebody I know in Manila.

all television and AM radio networks here will be airing the royal wedding on Friday. The ones who got the exclusive coverage will air it live, the others got permission from BBC to air it via cable, live also, and the rest of the networks (who did not get permission to air it live) will air the royal wedding as "news update" all day. I believe almost all programs of all networks are suspended in favor of the wedding on Friday. Ha ha. Nice. You can really count on our media for sensationalism. I guess almost 80% of the 90 million Filipinos who own a television set will have no choice but to tune in to the wedding of the century. And for those at work, globe, smart and sun are offering text updates or mobile surfing (your choice) --- as they happen, a.k.a. live ---- for a fee. How's that? The television and cellular phone networks will definitely earn big bucks from this event. I love being a Filipino.

So, a person yiou know writes lengthy emails documenting the different ways the royal wedding can be broadcast in the Fillipines, and apparently, they find this technological multitude of broadcast possibilties - which they set out in detail - so exciting, it makes them glad to be a Fillipino....Sorry, what was the point?

Archived