Is anyone else looking forward to the Royal Wedding?

I shall not watch the wedding, and I find it sad that large sections of the British public will once more be jumpiong at the opportunity to demonstrate their weak willed, sub-servient mentality. No wonder we get the kind of governments we do! :hihi:

Don't be too sure it is that large a section!

I've seen quite a few poll results recently, that put those actively celebrating the wedding at less than 30%.*

And another interesting study was of the demographics of street closures for wedding parties. They are mainly in London and the South-East, NONE in Glasgow and predominantly in areas seen as middle-class, which gives the lie to the widespread belief that the UK working-class is slavishly pro-monarchist.

John X

(*there was a fascinating study in 1998 of the mass-hysteria following Lady Di's death the year before. It found that although at the time it seemed that virtually everyone was involved to some extent in the collective grief, it was actually as little of 15-20% of the population)

Don't be too sure it is that large a section!

I've seen quite a few poll results recently, that put those actively celebrating the wedding at less than 30%.*

Wow that's terrible. That means only about 20 million people in the UK will be actively celebrating the wedding as opposed to the 2 million that actively celebrate the Cup Final.

I've seen reports that at least 1/4 of the world's population will watch the event on TV

That's odd because most reports say that the viewing figures are unlikely to match those of Charles and Di's wedding (750 million) despite more people now having access to television and internet.

And don't confuse worldwide interest as support for the monarchy. For most people it is just a bizarre spectacle.

John X

Wow that's terrible. That means only about 20 million people in the UK will be actively celebrating the wedding as opposed to the 2 million that actively celebrate the Cup Final.

Yes, and 99% of moths will bash themselves to death against electric lights, given the oppoirtunity,

That's odd because most reports say that the viewing figures are unlikely to match those of Charles and Di's wedding (750 million) despite more people now having access to television and internet.

And don't confuse worldwide interest as support for the monarchy. For most people it is just a bizarre spectacle.

John X

http://princewilliam-wedding.com/the-royal-wedding-likely-to-draw-2-billion-viewers-460/

The much anticipated ROYAL WEDDING of PRINCE WILLIAM and KATE MIDDLETON is expected to attract 2 billion viewers worldwide as it happens on April 29! A recent survey done by Zoosk shows American’s thoughts on the upcoming royal nuptials, from wedding traditions to matters of the heart

http://www.tnsglobal.com/news/news-5D5117CD88D54820BFFFA5B28A7EEF92.aspx

massive 26.2 million people are set to watch next month’s Royal Wedding on TV, making it the UK’s most watched event of the last 10 years. Fifty-two per cent of the UK say they will tune in to watch Prince William and Catherine Middleton wed on TV, according to a survey by TNS Omnibus.

Yes, and 99% of moths will bash themselves to death against electric lights, given the oppoirtunity,

Its odd that you don't find dead moths under each lamp post in that case. Mind you 99% of donkeys will probably don a straw hat and take kids for rides along Scarborough beach given the chance.

Its odd that you don't find dead moths under each lamp post in that case. Mind you 99% of donkeys will probably don a straw hat and take kids for rides along Scarborough beach given the chance.

Ha ha, an imaginatiove and original joke about my uiser name. There's another one involving the word ass, but only the really sophisticated posters can think of that one. The enes who know that moths really do crash into electric llights, incredible though that may seem to the a lowly subject of the realm.

Archived